Support RSS Feeds, Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News
Support RSS Feeds, JSON Feed, Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News. Syndication feeds come in two flavors:
- BasicFeed - A standard RSS V 2.0.1 feed designed to be used without item enclosures.
- ExtendedFeed - An RSS V2/Atom Feed with support for item enclosures such as images or video. Use this if when want to integrate your feed with services like MailChimp or Flipboard.
JSON feed come in two flavors:
- BasicJsonFeed - A standard JSON feed designed to be used without content html.
- ExtendedJsonFeed - A JSON feed with support for content html in items.
To use Django Wagtail Feeds in a project:
pip install django-wagtail-feeds
Remember to add wagtail_feeds to installed apps in settings file.
django-wagtail-feeds has a dependency on
wagtail settings app. You must add wagtail.contrib.settings to your INSTALLED_APPS:
INSTALLED_APPS += [ 'wagtail.contrib.settings', 'wagtail_feeds', ]
Run migrations for Wagtail feeds:
./manage.py migrate wagtail_feeds
Add Feed settings in the Wagtail admin
Finally reference it in the url.py
from wagtail_feeds.feeds import BasicFeed, BasicJsonFeed, ExtendedFeed, ExtendedJsonFeed url(r'^blog/feed/basic$', BasicFeed(), name='basic_feed'), url(r'^blog/feed/extended$', ExtendedFeed(), name='extended_feed'), # JSON feed url(r'^blog/feed/basic.json$', BasicJsonFeed(), name='basic_json_feed'), url(r'^blog/feed/extended.json$', ExtendedJsonFeed(), name='extended_json_feed'),
Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
Provide initial support for
The JSON Feed format is a pragmatic syndication format, like RSS and Atom, but with one big difference: it’s JSON instead of XML.
- Support for Django 1.11 and Wagtail 1.10.1
- Temporarily reduce test coverage
- More comprehensive test coverage
- Added tests for StreamFields
ExtendedFeednow supports content fields based on StreamFields
- Previous versions automatically added the post/article’s feed image to the content enclosure. In this version, this can be toggled on or off with a checkbox option in the Feed App Settings
- Several bug fixes related to issues such the rendering of embedded objects in posts and improperly formatted images
- Needed to pin html5lib version due to problems with BS4
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|django_wagtail_feeds-0.0.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 26, 2017|
|django-wagtail-feeds-0.0.8.tar.gz (178.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 26, 2017|