Easily Install your Wordpress blog in your Django project using wp rest API v1
Easily Install your Wordpress blog in your Django project
This package allows to communicate easily with any wordpress project that is using WP REST API v1 .
Even though the WP REST API package is already on the 2 version; it is still on beta so it was decided that this package will only support v1 until v2 is out of beta.
The full documentation is at https://django-wordpress-api.readthedocs.org.
Install Django Wordpres API:
pip install django-wordpress-api
Then use it in a project:
- Connect to an external wordpress application
- Retrieves all the blog posts ordered by pages
- Filter blog posts using several of the available filters in WP REST API
- Search blog posts using a keyword
- order the blog posts by several attributes like author, title, type, etc; ascending and descending order (default order is descending date)
- Retrieve posts with a different type than “post”
- Four Views to display the blog page, The Post detail, The Posts filtered by category and the Posts filtered by tag; All of this with the search by keyword option
Does the code actually work?
source <YOURVIRTUALENV>/bin/activate (myenv) $ pip install -r requirements.txt (myenv) $ pip install -r requirements_test.txt (myenv) $ python manage.py test
- First release on PyPI.