wow very terminal doge
doge is a simple motd script based on the slightly stupid but very funny [doge meme][doge]. It prints random grammatically incorrect statements that are sometimes based on things from your computer.
For more information about getting a setup like the one in the screenshot, see [this dotfiles repo][shameless].
- Randomly placed and colored random strings, complete with broken english.
- Awesome Shibe in the terminal.
- Fetching of system data, such as hostname, running processes, current user and $EDITOR.
- If you have [lolcat][lolcat], you can do this gem: while true; do doge | lolcat -a -d 100 -s 100 -p 1; done (thx [hom3chuk][hom3chuk])
- stdin support: ls /usr/bin | doge will doge-print some of the executables found in /usr/bin. wow. Also, the -s flag will filter out common words if you are passing a body of text.
pip install doge
If you don’t want to do that for whatever reason, there is a proper setup.py included, so python setup.py install should be just fine for that.
Note that if you are one of the unlucky doges to still run a Python that does not have argparse (<=Python2.6) you will have to install argparse manually from pypi. so old, very update need.
Then, just add a call to doge at the bottom of your shell rc file.
You need a terminal that supports 256 colors running on a system that supports unicode.
The terminal Shibe was created with hax0r Gimp skills and [img2xterm][i2x].
[doge]: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge [i2x]: https://github.com/rossy2401/img2xterm [hom3chuk]: https://github.com/hom3chuk [lolcat]: https://github.com/busyloop/lolcat [shameless]: https://github.com/thiderman/dotfiles
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size doge-3.5.0.tar.gz (16.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|