Self driving library for python.
donkeycar: a python self driving library
Donkeycar is minimalist and modular self driving library for Python. It is developed for hobbyists and students with a focus on allowing fast experimentation and easy community contributions.
Use Donkey if you want to:
- Make an RC car drive its self.
- Compete in self driving races like DIY Robocars
- Experiment with autopilots, mapping computer vision and neural networks.
- Log sensor data. (images, user inputs, sensor readings)
- Drive your car via a web or game controller.
- Leverage community contributed driving data.
- Use existing CAD models for design upgrades.
After building a Donkey2 you can turn on your car and go to http://localhost:8887 to drive.
Modify your cars behavior.
The donkey car is controlled by running a sequence of events
#Define a vehicle to take and record pictures 10 times per second. from donkeycar import Vehicle from donkeycar.parts.camera import PiCamera from donkeycar.parts.datastore import Tub V = Vehicle() #add a camera part cam = PiCamera() V.add(cam, outputs=['image'], threaded=True) #add tub part to record images tub = Tub(path='~/mycar/get_started', inputs=['image'], types=['image_array']) V.add(tub, inputs=['image']) #start the drive loop at 10 Hz V.start(rate_hz=10)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.