A Simple, Flexible Text Templating, Build, & Project Distribution System
What is doxx?
doxx is a generic text file project build and distribution system. It supports simple YAML formatted build specs and build time text file customization using local or remote text templates (that can be hosted anywhere).
For those who prefer the ready-made approach, the doxx Package Repository contains a growing list of resusable, common project types that can be built with a simple set of doxx commands. If you’re looking for a quick way to build Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, jQuery, Font Awesome, angular.js, ember.js, Ionic mobile apps, software licenses, settings & testing file stubs, and much more, the packages are already built for you. Use ‘doxx search [query]’ to see if your favorite package is available.
- Generic text project support. Use it for anything from a Bootstrap framework driven website to a statistical analysis script stub. If it contains text, it should work.
- Simple, legible YAML syntax build specs that do not require scripting/programming know-how
- Local template file support
- Remote template file support (from any hosting site that supports GET requests)
- Github pull shortcodes allow you to include entire Github repositories or cherry pick specific repository files or directories for your project
- Full UTF-8 character set support in templates, named text replacement tags in templates, and replacement strings entered by users
- Support for the distribution of binary files with your projects
- Multi-processor template file build support
Additional information is available in the documentation.
User Quickstart Guide
The User Quickstart Guide demonstrates how to build projects from third party developers or from the doxx Package Repository.
Developer Quickstart Guide
The Developer Quickstart Guide demonstrates how to develop and distribute reusable, templated projects with doxx.
The Usage Documentation lists the complete set of available commands and options.
Changes are found on the Changelog.
Please submit a new issue report on the Github repository.
The doxx command line application is licensed under the MIT License.
Project packages distributed through the doxx Package Repository are licensed under a variety of open source licenses. Please review the respective project documentation for additional information.
Source code is available on the Github repository.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.