dynamic real-time power system simulator
DPsim is a solver library for dynamic power system simulation.
- It supports both the electromagnetic transient (EMT) and dynamic phasor (DP) domain for dynamic simulation.
- A powerflow solver is included for standalone usage or initialization of dynamic simulations.
- It provides a Python module which can be embedded in any Python 3 application / scripts.
- The simulation core is implemented in highly-efficient C++ code.
- It supports real-time execution with time-steps down to 50 uS.
- It can load models in the IEC61970 CIM / CGMES XML format.
- It can be interfaced to a variety of protocols and interfaces via VILLASnode.
The documentation has build / installation instructions, links to examples and explains the concepts implemented in DPsim as well as its architecture.
The project is released under the terms of the MPL 2.0.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.