DPsim is a real-time power system simulator that operates in the dynamic phasor as well as electromagentic transient domain.
DPsim is a solver library for power system simulation.
- It supports both the electro-magnetic transient (EMT) and dynamic phasor (DP) domains.
- It provides a Python module which can be embedded in any Python 3 application / scripts.
- It is implemented in highly-efficient C++ code.
- It supports real-time execution with time-steps up to 50 uS.
- It can load models in the Common Information Model (CIM) XML format.
- It can be interfaced to a variety of protocols and interfaces via VILLASnode.
If you just want to use DPsim for simulations, take a look at the installation instructions.
If you would like to modify / extend DPsim or build it for a specific platform, take a look at the build instructions.
DPsim is a Python extension module which is implemented in optimized native C++ code.
Users can control and script the simulation with Python scripts. Checkout the Quickstart Guide.
2017, Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems, EONERC, RWTH Aachen University
This project is released under the terms of the GPL version 3.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see .
For other licensing options please consult Prof. Antonello Monti.