A simple Django package to facilitate request signing.
DRF Simple API Signing (SASigning) Introduction
- First Release (29 July 2018)
API Signing Benefits
- Identity Verification: You are sure that the request is coming from who you are expecting.
- You are sure that the message is not altered in communication channels.
- You can prevent relay attack (optional).
API Signing Workflow
Pseudo code explaining steps of API Signing Check in API:
1. Read a signature from header. 2. Construct the message. It may consist of * Secret Key * Request Method (PUT, GET, POST, ..) * URL Endpoint. * Request Body. * other arguments those parameters are concatenated and separated by **delimeter** symbol. 3. Hash it with SHA256 using the Secret Key.
What SASigning Do?
SASigning provides an easy way to configure your API to accept, check and define signatures. It allows you to review plugin the signature checking in your flow.
- Visit Docs.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for drf-simple-api-signing-1.0.2.tar.gz
Hashes for drf_simple_api_signing-1.0.2-py3-none-any.whl