Decision Optimization utilities for IBM Watson Studio projects
Decision Optimization utilities for IBM Watson Studio Local and ICPd projects.
This repository contains the package
dse_do_utils. This can be installed using pip.
- ScenarioManager. Reads and writes table data from and to all combinations of csv-files, Excel spreadhseet and DO scenario.
- DataManager. A DataManager is mostly a container for data and functions for pre- and post-processing. Can be subclassed and stored in a script to be able to share code between multiple notebooks. Also contains some utilities for data manipulation, like the crossjoin.
- OptimizationEngine. Also mostly a container for functions around creating an optimization model and using the docplex APIs. Can be subclassed and stored in a script to be able to share code between multiple notebooks. Also contains some functions to create dvars and export .lp files.
- ScenarioPicker. Interactively pick an existing scenario from a drop-down menu in a notebook. Typically used in visualization notebooks.
- MapManager. For creating map visualizations using Folium.
- DeployedDOModel. Interfacing from Python to a deployed DO model.
Recommend to install in the
../packages/python folder by running the following in a notebook cell:
!pip install dse-do-utils --target='../packages/python'
Force a released version to ensure compatibility (advised):
!pip install dse-do-utils==0.2.2.1 --target='../packages/python'
Force a clean re-install of a released version:
!pip install --force-reinstall dse-do-utils==0.2.2.1 --target='../packages/python' --upgrade
Install from TestPyPI (deprecated, version on TestPyPI is not updated):
!pip install -i https://test.pypi.org/simple/dse-do-utils --target='../packages/python'
dse_do_utils from the
First add the folder to the Python path:
import sys, os for folder in ['packages/python', 'scripts']: path = os.path.join(os.environ['DSX_PROJECT_DIR'], folder) if path not in sys.path: sys.path.insert(0, path)
Then import the required classes from the package:
from dse_do_utils import ScenarioManager, DataManager
To be used within:
- Watson Studio Local v1.2.3 (which requires Python 2.7).
- ICPd 1.2 or 2.1 (which requires Python 3.6) Currently the dse_do_utils is maintained WSLv1.2.3 in Python 2.7. and tested against ICPd with Python 3.6.
This package requires:
- dd-scenario. This package provides an interface to the DO scenarios. This package is only available within WSL and ICPd. It cannot be pip installed in other environments.
- docplex. This package interfaces with the CPLEX and CP Optimizer optimization engines.
- folium. Map visualization. Only for the MapManager.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size dse_do_utils-0.2.2.3-py2-none-any.whl (36.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size dse_do_utils-0.2.2.3.tar.gz (28.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for dse_do_utils-0.2.2.3-py2-none-any.whl