Data Exploration Terser
data exploration terser
What is dexter?
dexter is a lightweight Python package built on top of numpy and pandas that allows fast data exploration for multiple structured table files in a folder. It's a high-level tool suitable for a first contact with a dataset composed of multiple dataframes.
- Importing multiple table files with readm_csv()
- Saving DataFrames and Names with the FrameMap class
- Applying pandas methods to multiple DataFrames at once
Not available for installing yet, but available for download and import at: https://github.com/igormagalhaesr/dexter
import dexter as dxt
Reading multiple dataframes in a folder:
dataframes = dxt.readm_csv(./folder/)
Names and Frames
names = dataframes.names frames = dataframes.frames
Multiple Dataframes Types
Multiple Missing Values
For more concrete examples, check the notebook
- Fork it (https://github.com/igormagalhaesr/dexter)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b feature/fooBar)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some fooBar')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin feature/fooBar)
- Create a new Pull Request
Distributed under the BSD 3 license. See
LICENSE.txt for more information.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.