Easy Python database interaction
easy_db is a tool designed to quickly allow Python database interaction capabilities from a consolidated, intuitive user interface provided by the "DataBase" class.
- Make common database tasks very easy
- Intelligently handle different database types
- Provide intuitive, consistent, Pythonic methods for accessing data
- Provide good performance without requiring polished query code
- Expose database connection and cursor to users wanting fine-grained control
- Just get the data into Python so we can use it!
Let's first connect to a SQLite database.
import easy_db db = easy_db.DataBase('test_sqlite3_db.db')
Now let's see what tables are available in this database.
tables = db.pull_all_table_names()
Table columns and types are simple to investigate.
Let's pull all of the data from a table. We could start with something like "SELECT * ..." but this is way more fun:
data = db.pull_full_table('example_table')
Note that the table/query data is returned as a list of dictionaries with column names as dictionary keys.
- Pro Tip: If desired, a Pandas dataframe of the same form as the database table can be easily created from this data structure using:
import pandas df = pandas.DataFrame(data)
Now perhaps we have an Access database and would like to pull in a table from our SQLite database. easy_db makes this quick and easy and gracefully handles the nuances of dealing with the different databases.
import easy_db db = easy_db.DataBase('test_sqlite3_db.db') db_2 = easy_db.DataBase('test_access_db.accdb') db_2.copy_table(db, 'example_table')
Thanks for checking out easy_db, and please take a look at the methods of the DataBase class if you'd like to see what other capabilities are currently available!
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size easy_db-0.5.8-py3-none-any.whl (14.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size easy_db-0.5.8.tar.gz (9.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|