A framework for creating evolutionary computations in Python.
ECsPy (Evolutionary Computations in Python) is a free, open source framework for creating evolutionary computations in Python. Additionally, ECsPy provides an easy-to-use canonical genetic algorithm (GA), evolution strategy (ES), estimation of distribution algorithm (EDA), differential evolution algorithm (DEA), and particle swarm optimizer (PSO) for users who don’t need much customization.
- Requires at least Python 2.6 (not compatible with Python 3+).
- Numpy and Matplotlib are required if the line plot observer is used.
- Parallel Python (pp) is required if parallel_evaluation_pp is used.
This package is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3). This license can be found online at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html.
ECsPy consists of the following modules:
- analysis.py – provides tools for analyzing the results of an EC
- archivers.py – defines useful archiving methods, particularly for EMO algorithms
- benchmarks.py – defines several single- and multi-objective benchmark optimization problems
- ec.py – provides the basic framework for an EvolutionaryComputation and specific ECs
- emo.py – provides the Pareto class for multiobjective optimization along with specific EMOs (e.g. NSGA-II)
- evaluators.py – defines useful evaluation schemes, such as parallel evaluation
- migrators.py – defines a few built-in migrators, including migration via network and migration among concurrent processes
- observers.py – defines a few built-in observers, including screen, file, and plotting observers
- replacers.py – defines standard replacement schemes such as generational and steady-state replacement
- selectors.py – defines standard selectors (e.g., tournament)
- swarm.py – provides a basic particle swarm optimizer
- terminators.py – defines standard terminators (e.g., exceeding a maximum number of generations)
- topologies.py – defines standard topologies for particle swarms
- variators.py – defines standard variators (crossover and mutation schemes such as n-point crossover)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ecspy-1.1.tar.gz (173.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|