A Python framework for event-driven architectures.
The Python eda module provides a framework to create Python applications in Event-Driven Architectures (EDAs).
The module provides the following major features:
- A syntax to declaratively specify event types and their structure.
- Local implementations of an enterprise message bus, using threads (for single-process architectures) or processes.
- An interface specification of the enterprise message bus; allowing additional, more mature implementations (using for example, Apache Apollo).
- A framework to quickly prototype and deploy services.
To install eda, run the following command in your terminal:
$ pip install eda
Alternatively, you may clone the GitHub repository to install the latest development branch. This method provides the following options:
- Run python3 setup.py install.
- Run make links. This will create symbolic links in the systems’ Python library directory. Provided as a conveniance when developing the module in cooperation with other packages or applications.