Code to support working with celery
Code to support working with Celery, a distributed task queue.
Overview (please modify)
This package contains utilities to wrap tasks with logging and to persist them if they fail.
It also supports Django administration for searching and deleting failed tasks, and management commands for rerunning failed tasks and deleting old ones.
(TODO: Set up documentation)
Publishing a Release
After a PR merges, a new version of the package will automatically be released by Travis when the commit is tagged. Use:
git tag -a X.Y.Z -m "Releasing version X.Y.Z" git push origin X.Y.Z
Do not create a Github Release, or ensure its message points to the CHANGELOG.rst.
The code in this repository is licensed under the Apache 2.0 unless otherwise noted.
Please see LICENSE.txt for details.
How To Contribute
Contributions are very welcome.
Please read How To Contribute for details.
Even though they were written with edx-platform in mind, the guidelines should be followed for Open edX code in general.
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email email@example.com.
Have a question about this repository, or about Open edX in general? Please refer to this list of resources if you need any assistance.
[1.1.1] - 2021-08-24
- Replacing jsonfield2 with jsonfield as the former is merged back into the latter one.
[1.1.0] - 2021-07-07
- Added support for django 3.1 and 3.2
[1.0.0] - 2021-01-21
- Dropped python3.5 support.
[0.5.4] - 2020-12-10
- Upgrade celery to 5.0.4
[0.5.3] - 2020-09-15
- Move to Apache 2.0 license
[0.5.2] - 2020-08-28
- Upgrade celery to 4.2.2
[0.5.1] - 2020-06-30
- Added python38 support.
[0.5.0] - 2020-04-01
- No functional change.
[0.4.0] - 2020-03-05
- Removed all references to django-celery and removed it as a dependency.
- Removed ChordableDjangoBackend and ChordData.
[0.2.7] - 2017-12-04
- Add logging for non-retried failed tasks.
[0.2.6] - 2017-08-07
- Upgrade version of django-celery.
[0.2.5] - 2017-08-03
- Django 1.11 compatibility
[0.2.4] - 2017-06-20
- Add management command to fix djcelery tables.
[0.2.1] - 2017-05-22
- Add ChordableDjangoBackend and testing.
[0.1.3] - 2017-03-01
- Packaging changes.
[0.1.1] - 2017-02-22
- Added django admin for management of FailedTasks.
[0.1.0] - 2017-01-31
Contains two task base classes:
- LoggedTask - Reports extra logging info 1) when a task is submitted to the task service (for tracking task latency) and 2) when the task retries, it surfaces information about the raised exception.
- PersistOnFailureTask - Stores a record of failed tasks that can later be retried.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size edx_celeryutils-1.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size edx-celeryutils-1.1.1.tar.gz (16.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for edx_celeryutils-1.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl