EEA Annotator is the Plone integration of http://okfnlabs.org/annotator/ which allows your editors to easily collaborate on a Plone document by adding annotations (inline comments) on it.
- Main features
- Getting started
- Moderate inline comments
- Source code
- Copyright and license
- 4.5 - (2019-01-28)
- 4.4 - (2018-08-27)
- 4.3 - (2018-03-14)
- 4.2 - (2017-12-12)
- 4.1 - (2017-11-07)
- 4.0 - (2017-09-26)
- 3.9 - (2017-08-16)
- 3.8 - (2017-05-15)
- 3.7 - (2017-04-24)
- 3.6 - (2016-09-26)
- 3.5 - (2016-07-07)
- 3.4 - (2016-05-19)
- 3.3 - (2015-08-18)
- 3.2 - (2015-07-06)
- 3.1 - (2015-03-17)
- 3.0 - (2014-11-20)
- 2.6 - (2014-09-15)
- 2.5 - (2014-08-12)
- 2.4 - (2014-07-15)
- 2.3 - (2014-06-26)
- 2.2 - (2014-05-13)
- 2.1 - (2014-02-27)
- 2.0 - (2014-02-21)
- 1.2 - (2014-02-13)
- 1.1 - (2014-02-03)
- 1.0 - (2014-01-21)
- Inline comments on any webpage.
- Portal types aware. Possibility to enable inline comments only for certain content types.
- Workflow aware. Possibility to enable/disable inline comments only for certain workflow states (via content rules).
- Events. Possibility to define custom content-rules based on inline comments events: add/reply/close/re-open/delete (e.g. notify users by e-mail)
- Dexterity aware. It works also with dexterity content-types.
- Contextually disable inline comments.
- Moderate inline comments.
- Add eea.annotator to your eggs section in your buildout and re-run buildout. You can download a sample buildout from https://github.com/eea/eea.annotator/tree/master/buildouts/plone4
- Install eea.annotator within Site Setup > Add-ons
Once you’ll install this add-on via Site Setup > Add-ons, it will overrides Publish Traversal for Archetypes base object (plone.app.imaging.interfaces.IBaseObject) and Dexterity Base Content (plone.dexterity.interfaces.IDexterityContent) in order to handle custom annotator URLs. Still, it preserves old functionality from plone.app.imaging and plone.dexterity (also eea.depiction) but if you have custom traversals registered for these interfaces, try to use custom browser layers when registering them (see: eea.annotator.browser.app.traverse).
Plone version dependency
eea.annotator does not have a hard dependency on Plone 4.3, however, it has been built around plone.app.jquery version 1.7.2 which is shipped by default with Plone 4.3. If you wish to use the product on an older version of Plone, you could pin the plone.app.jquery version to 1.7.2.
- Go to Plone Site Setup > EEA Annotator Settings and enable inline comments for your content-types (default enabled for Page).
- Go to your work-space within Plone Site and add a new object (Page) or user an existing one.
- In view mode select text you want to comment on and add an inline comment.
- Within edit form > Settings Tab you can contextually disable inline comments.
- You can also add an “Inline comments” portlet in order to overview all inline comments on this page.
You’ll have to be logged-in ad Manager or have the eea.annotator: Manage permission
- Click on the title of the Inline comments portlet if any or just access @@moderate-inline-comments
Dexterity content-types are supported by EEA Annotator.
- In order to be able to contextually disable inline comments you need to add a boolean field called disableAnnotator within your Dexterity content-type schema fields.
- In order to be able to contextually make inline comments read-only you need to add a boolean field called readOnlyAnnotator within your Dexterity content-type schema fields. (Plone Site Setup > Dexterity Content Types > MyCustomType > Fields)
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The EEA Annotator (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
More details under docs/License.txt
- Jenkins: Add sonarqube step [avoinea refs #101552]
- Change: Get base-url from body data base-url [avoinea refs #97843]
- Change: updated URLs pointing to eea.europa.eu with https:// [alecghica refs #95849]
- Uninstall profile fixes. [thet]
- Bug fix: avoid errors for annotation portlet if tinyMCE doesn’t have an active editor [ichim-david refs #91577]
- Feature: added annotations_settings browserView now having a method to check if inline annotations is enabled for the given context [ichim-david refs #91577]
- Change: Replace eeacms/zptlint with eeacms/plone-test:4 zptlint [avoinea refs #90415]
- Change: Remove unused css [petchesi-iulian refs #88382]
- Change: Remove Sphinx generated documentation [petchesi-iulian refs #88212]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” click on upgrade button available for EEA Annotator
- Feature: Possibility to disable ‘exactMatch’ per content-type [avoinea refs #88339]
- Bug fix: fixed depiction for Dexterity content type [zoltan_andras refs #81209]
- Change: fixed PyLint warnings and errors [eduard-fironda refs #84949]
- Change: updated package information [eduard-fironda]
- Bug fix: Fix profiles version [avoinea]
- Change: Add dual Plone 4 and 5 support for custom portlet [davilima6]
- Change: Add extra GS profiles to support Plone 4 and 5 in the same branch [davilima6]
- Change: Load resource dependencies in own bundle, porting render conditions from Plone 4 and enabling full compatibility with Plone 5 [davilima6]
- Change: Migrate configlet, portlet and content rule from formlib to z3c.form [davilima6]
- Bug fix: Fix pylint warnings [chiridra refs #71940]
- Change: updated accordion eea-icon override with latest changes from eea.design [ichimdav refs #27215]
- Change: updated accordion eea-icon override with latest changes from eea.design [ichimdav refs #26378]
- Change: Switched to curl in the jenkins build install script [olimpiurob refs #22402]
- Change: Changed fetch url for jenkins build install script to the install script from the main EEA CPB repository [olimpiurob refs #22402]
- Change: prefixed css for hover state of accordion header to the eea-accordion-title class [ichim-david refs #19875]
- Feature: Plone 5 compatible [avoinea]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” click on upgrade button available for EEA Annotator [voineali refs #21042]
- Bug fix: Do not allow edit for comments that are not yet added which leaded in having comments without id and creation date. [voineali refs #21042]
- Bug fix: Include i18n translations [avoinea]
- Change viewlet manager from IContentViews to IAboveContentTitle as the former is available only when the green Plone bar is visible (i.e. when member has Contributor rights). In cases where we want to provide Authenticated members with eea.annotator:View or Edit permissions, it will not work with IContentViews. [sureshvv]
- Upgrade step: (optional) Within “Plone > Site setup > EEA Annotator Settings” customize “Minimum number of words” and “Do not allow duplicates” [voineali refs #19978]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” click on upgrade button available for EEA Annotator [voineali refs #19978]
- Feature: Possibility to restrict minimum number of selected words on which a user can add an inline comment [voineali refs #19978]
- Feature: Possibility to disable duplicate selections while adding an inline comment in order to avoid miss-matching in edit mode [voineali refs #19978]
- Change: Updated package readme with plone requirements [olimpiurob]
- Feature: Add subscription buttons to “Inline comment” portlet in order to let users with “eea.annotator.view” permission to subscribe or unsubscribe to inline comments notifications [voineali refs #19096]
- Feature: Possibility to define custom content-rules based on inline comments events: add/reply/close/re-open/delete [voineali refs #19096]
- Bug fix: Fixed word matching when multiple tinymce instances are present [olimpiurob refs #18945]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” click on upgrade button available for EEA Annotator [voineali refs #18557]
- Feature: Added possibility to moderate inline comments via @@moderate-inline-comments [voineali refs #18557]
- Change: Link how-to youtube video and release on pypi and plone.org [avoinea]
- Upgrade step (optional): Within Site Setup > EEA Annotator Settings set “Auto-refresh inline comments” to a value higher than 0 if you want inline comments to automatically synced in background. [voineali refs #18098]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” click on upgrade button available for EEA Annotator [olimpiurob refs #18288]
- Feature: update inline comments via background AJAX calls [voineali refs #18098]
- Change: Prettify the dates displayed in annotations [olimpiurob refs #18288]
- Upgrade step: Restrict eea.annotator to view view and edit view [olimpiurob refs #17702]
- Upgrade step: Import the eea.jquery annotator profile with the updated authenticated restriction [olimpiurob #17233]
- Bug fix: Added missing dummy ‘collapsed’ effect [olimpiurob #18098]
- Feature: Make the annotator portlet visible only on view and edit views [olimpiurob #18139]
- Bug fix: Make the formPanel containing the tinymce visible when searching for a comment text. [olimpiurob #18139]
- Bug fix: Fixed matching on comment texts spanning on multiple paragraphs in edit mode for comments portlet. [olimpiurob #18139]
- Feature: Match comment text in edit mode; Added slide to right functionality to inline comments portlet [olimpiurob #18193]
- Feature: update inline comments via background AJAX calls [voineali refs #18098]
- Feature: Log inline comments closing and re-opening using auto-replies [voineali refs #18080]
- Change: Changed permission settings for annotator [olimpiurob #18000]
- Feature: Added basic annotator permissions [olimpiurob #18000]
- Bug fix: Handle inline comments colors in edit mode [batradav refs #17705]
- Bug fix: treat case when datetime comes from backend in js with Zulu [olimpiurob #17999]
- Bug fix: treat datetime coming from backend as UTC. Firefox and Chrome treat dates differently if they don’t have timezone information. [olimpiurob #17999]
- Change: updated docsting for inline comment fileds class [ghicaale refs #16666]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” install EEA Annotator
- Initial release [voineali refs #17185]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size eea.annotator-4.5.zip (417.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|