Zope/Plone Sentry integration
The eea.sentry is a Plone add-on
It comes with plenty of configuration options and features like:
- Easy to install/uninstall via Site Setup > Add-ons;
- Easily setup Sentry integration via environment variables;
Add eea.sentry to your eggs section in your buildout and re-run buildout:
[buildout] eggs += eea.sentry
You can download a sample buildout from:
Or via docker:
$ docker run --rm -p 8080:8080 -e ADDONS="eea.sentry" -e SENTRY_DSN="https://<public_key>:<secret_key>@sentry.io" plone
Install eea.sentry within Site Setup > Add-ons
In order to start sending error logs to sentry you’ll need to provide the following environment variables to your Zope/Plone instance:
- SENTRY_DSN - Send python tracebacks to sentry.io or your custom Sentry installation (e.g.: SENTRY_DSN=https://<public_key>:<secret_key>@sentry.example.com)
- SENTRY_SITE, SERVER_NAME - Add site tag to Sentry logs (e.g.: SENTRY_SITE=foo.example.com)
- SENTRY_RELEASE, EEA_KGS_VERSION - Add release tag to Sentry logs (e.g.: SENTRY_RELEASE=5.1.5-34)
- SENTRY_ENVIRONMENT - Add environment tag to Sentry logs. Leave empty to automatically get it from rancher-metadata (e.g.: SENTRY_ENVIRONMENT=staging)
It has been developed and tested for Plone 4 and 5. See buildouts section above.
eea.sentry (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). Portions created by Eau de Web are Copyright (C) 2009 by European Environment Agency. All Rights Reserved.
- Feature: Setup Sentry logger via environment variables [avoinea refs #104872]
- Feature: Add custom raven processors to cleanup Zope REQUEST [avoinea refs #104872]
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” install eea.sentry [avoinea refs #104872]