Plone product for ajax display of available templates for the given content type
EEA Uberlisting enhances and extends the listing layouts capabilities of Plone.
- Tips and tricks
- Choose the right templates to use for this package
- Disable templates from showing up in the Uberlisting View
- Set default template when visiting template for first time
- Get listing of templates as images instead of template title name
- Get enhanced thumbnails when used with eea.depiction
- Get enhanced search capabilities when used with eea.facetednavigation
- Source code
- Copyright and license
- Funding and project management
The python logic that retrieves the contents of the template listings expects the template to implement the listing macro.
By default all of the Plone templates implement this macro so all templates that come from Plone and those that implement a listing macro to list results should work with the Uberlisting View.
In ZMI > context > manage_properties: Add a ‘lines’ property named bannedUberlistingTemplates.
Here add one by one the template id’s that you would like to be skipped from the listing.ex: folder_summary_view folder_contents
In ZMI > context > manage_properties: Add a ‘string’ property named defaultUberlistingTemplate and add the template id that should be used as the default template.
By default if this property isn’t set and no cookie is present with the name of the default template then folder_listing will be used as default.
This packages looks for a png image to use for the views listing in the format of template id + ‘.png’.
We have provides some images for the common Plone templates as well as some for our own templates, if you need a different style for the icons you can customize them TTW or you can have a skin layer before uberlisting_imgs with images that have the same name.
If no images are found then the template name will be displayed in the listing.
If you don’t want to have the listing of templates with images and you would prefer to have only template name then In ZMI > context > manage_properties: Add a checked boolean property named ‘noUberlistingTemplateImages’
- If you have eea.depiction installed you can configure a fallback image for the contenttypes that do not have an image field by default, allowing the content to be displayed in a view where the listing would look better with images like album view.
Update your buildout.cfg file:
- Add eea.uberlisting to the list of eggs to install
- Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug
[instance] ... eggs = ... eea.uberlisting zcml = ... eea.uberlisting
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package’s configure.zcml file.
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The eea.uberlisting (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
More details under docs/License.txt
1.0 - (2012-10-17)
- Initial release