Electrical Engineering Functions in Python
Python Libraries with functions and constants related to electrical engineering.
The functions and constants that make up these modules represent a library of material compiled with the intent of being used primarily for research, development, education, and exploration in the realm of electrical engineering.
Check out our full documentation: https://engineerjoe440.github.io/ElectricPy/
Special thanks to:
- Stephen Weeks | Student - University of Idaho
- Jeremy Perhac | Student - University of Idaho
- Daniel Allen | Student - Universtiy of Idaho
- Dr. Dennis Sullivan | Proffessor - University of Idaho
- Dr. Brian Johnson | Proffessor - University of Idaho
- Dr. Joe Law | Proffessor - University of Idaho
- StackOverflow user gg349
- Shaurya Uppal | Online Code Contributor
- Paul Ortman | Power Quality Engineer - Idaho Power | Instructor - University of Idaho
1) Install Required Dependencies:
- Install Dependencies
pip install numpy
pip install scipy
pip install matplotlib
pip install sympy
pip install numdifftools
2) (option a) Install ElectricPy with Python's Own
- Install electricpy
pip install electricpy
2) (option b) Install ElectricPy from Source
Collect Repository and Install
Clone/Download Source Code from GitHub Repository
Open Terminal and Navigate to Folder with
Use Python to Install Module from
python setup.py install
3) Verify Installation
- Check installation success in Python environment
import electricpy electricpy._version_
To Do List:
- Add Heat Sink Solver
- DC/DC Converters
- DC/AC Converters
- Stationary and Synchronous Reference Frame conversion Matrices/Constants
- Induction Machine slip finder
- Add arc-flash calculators suggested
- Add Pi Attenuator Formula
- Add T Attenuator Formula
- Add Simple decibel Formulas
- Add Simple wire resistance Formula(s)
- Add Simple Wheatstone Bridge Formulas
- Add 555 Timer Formulas
- Add Inductive Voltage Divider Formula
- Add Slew Rate Formula(s)
- Add Simple Battery Discharge Rate Formula
- Add Simple Air Core Inductor Formula(s)
- Add Simple Zener Diode Formulas
- Develop Testing for All Functions
Get Involved / Contribute
If you're interested in contributing, we'd love to see your support in a number of ways!
- Write Tests - We're really lacking in this area. We've recently added simple GitHub actions to test installation, but that's about it. We hope that someday we can test all functions in this module for verification.
- Contribute New Electrical Engineering Functions - If you've got a new function related to electrical engineering that you'd like to see added, we'd love to throw it into this module. Our goal is that this module can become the comprehensive electrical engineering toolkit in Python. Drop us a note, or create a pull request!
- Report Issues - We don't want issues to go unnoticed. Please help us track bugs and resolve them!
- Get the Word Out - This project is still in its infancy, so please share it with your friends and colleagues. We want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to take advantage of this project.
For more information regarding this resource, please contact Joe Stanley
License and Usage:
ElectricPy is licensed under the standard MIT license, and as such, you are permitted to use this resource as you see fit. Please feel free to ask questions, suggest edits and report bugs or other issues.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size electricpy-0.2.0-py3-none-any.whl (80.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size electricpy-0.2.0.tar.gz (81.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for electricpy-0.2.0-py3-none-any.whl