It is simple and more suited for an internal team use (like an extranet) than for big public communities. By the way all the view are restricted at less to authenticated users, there is no access for anonymous.
- Have categories that contains threads that contains messages;
- Have thread watches: users can subscribe to receive email notification for each new message in a thread;
- Have thread sticky mode and announce mode;
- i18n usage for the interface;
- Permissions usage for moderation on categories, threads and messages;
- Optional markup syntax for messages, default is RestructuredText from docutils but you can use your own;
- Optional DjangoCodeMirror editor or your own editor if you want;
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.