A tool to analyse and convert data coming from the face analysing software Openface (Cambridge).
Author: B.L. de Vries (Netherlands eScience Center)
Exploface is a simple python package to work with the output of openface. Openface is a software to analyse faces in images and videos. Please see the website of the authors for more information on openface: https://github.com/TadasBaltrusaitis/OpenFace/wiki
This package works with the output files of openface (csv files). It does some basic inspection and statistics with the data. It also allows to convert the data to a format readable by Elan (a video annotation tool, https://tla.mpi.nl/tools/tla-tools/elan/). Further more it is able to convert the per camera frame format of openface to a format that lists start and end times of a detection.
Installation (from the command-line)
Please follow the general guidelines for installing python packages and use a virtual environment:
- Instructions for installing python packages with pip: https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/installing-packages/
- You can also consider using conda to manage your environments: https://conda.io/docs/
When you are in your command-line console and optionally, your virtual environment, install exploface by typing:
pip install exploface
- Test the installation by starting the python shell (type
pythonin your command-line). And then test by running
If this works, you are ready to do the tutorial.
In the directory TUTORIALS you find tutorials on how to use exploface.
- Tutorial 1: exploring openface csv files and using the exploface package
- Tutorial 2: underconstruction
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for exploface-0.0.0.dev6-py3-none-any.whl