Factur-X: electronic invoicing standard for Germany & France
Factur-X Python library
Factur-X is the e-invoicing standard for France and Germany. The Factur-X specifications are available on the FNFE-MPE website. The Factur-X standard is also called ZUGFeRD 2.0 in Germany.
The main feature of this Python library is to generate Factur-X invoices from a regular PDF invoice and a Factur-X compliant XML file.
This lib provides additionnal features such as:
- extract the Factur-X XML file from a Factur-X PDF invoice,
- check a Factur-X XML file against the official XML Schema Definition.
Some of the features provided by this lib also work for ZUGFeRD 1.0 (the ancestor of the Factur-X standard).
sudo pip install --upgrade factur-x
from facturx import generate_facturx facturx_pdf_invoice = generate_facturx(regular_pdf_invoice, facturx_xml_file)
To have more examples, look at the source code of the command line tools located in the bin subdirectory.
Command line tools
Several command line tools are provided with this lib:
- facturx-pdfgen: generate a Factur-X PDF invoice from a regular PDF invoice and an XML file
- facturx-pdfextractxml: extract the Factur-X XML file from a Factur-X PDF invoice
- facturx-xmlcheck: check a Factur-X XML file against the official Factur-X XML Schema Definition
All these commande line tools have a -h option that explains how to use them and shows all the available options.
This library is published under the BSD licence (same licence as PyPDF2 on which this lib depends).
- Alexis de Lattre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Version 0.8 dated 2018-06-10
- Make pretty_print work for XMP file, for better readability of that file
- Version 0.7 dated 2018-05-24
- Fix XMP structure under /x:xmpmeta/rdf:RDF/rdf:Description (use XML tags instead of XML attributes)
- declare PDF-1.6 instead of PDF-1.3 (still declared by default by pyPDF2)
- Version 0.6 dated 2018-05-01
- Now fully PDF/A-3 compliant with additionnal attachments (tested with veraPDF)
- facturx-pdfgen: don’t overwrite by default and add –overwrite option
- Add factur-x library version number in metadata creator entry
- Version 0.5 dated 2018-03-29
- Fix XMP metadata structure
- Now fully PDF/A-3 compliant when the input PDF file is PDF/A compliant (tested with veraPDF). This implied copying /OutputIntents and /ID datas from source PDF to Factur-X PDF.
- Fix support for additionnal attachments: they can now all be saved with Acrobat Reader
- Improve XML extraction from PDF Factur-x file
- Version 0.4 dated 2018-03-27
- Factur-x specs say /AFRelationship must be /Data (and not /Alternative)
- Update Factur-X XSD to v1.0 final
- Add support for additionnal attachments
- Add factur-x lib version in Creator metadata table
- Add /PageMode = /UseAttachments, so that the attachments are displayed by default when opening Factur-X PDF invoice with Acrobat Reader
- Improve and enrich PDF objects (ModDate, CheckSum, Size)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size factur-x-0.8.tar.gz (23.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|