Fast & Fake Backfill Airflow DAGs Status
Airflow Fakefill Marker
Due to migrating to Kubernetes-host Airflow and using different backend, we need to find out a way to fill out all the history since its starting date for thousands of dags. To make this process going faster and easier, in the meantime, I didn't find this kind of tool on Github, so I implement this simple tool to help with marking dags as
success. Hope it can also help others.
$ pip install fakefill
$ pip install git+https://firstname.lastname@example.org/benbenbang/airflow_fastfill.git
$ git clone email@example.com:benbenbang/airflow_fastfill.git $ cd airflow_fastfill $ pip install .
It takes 1 of 2 required argument, and 6 optional arguments. You can also define them in a yaml file and pass to the cli.
Required [1 / 2]:
- dag_id [-d][reqired]: can be a real dag id or "all" to fill all the dags
- config_path [-cp][choose one]: path to the config yaml
- start_date [-sd]: starting date, default will be counted from 365 days ago
- maximum_day [-md]: maximum fill date per dag, rangint: [1, 180]
- maximum_unit [-mu]: maxium fill unit per dag, rangint: [1, 43200]
- ignore [-i]: still procceed auto fill even the dag ran recently
- pause_only [-p]: pass true to fill dags which are pause
- confirm [-y]: pass true to bypass the prompt if dag_id is all
- traceback [-v]: pass print our Airflow Database error
Fill all the dags for the past 30 days without prompt, and only fill if all the dags which have status == pause
$ fakefill -d all -p -md 30 -y
Run fastfill for dag id ==
dag_a by counting default fakefill days == 365
$ fakefill -d dag_a
Run fastfill with config yaml
$ fakefill -cp config.yml
The yaml file needs to be defined with two dictonary types:
dags section, it needs to be a
list, while the
dags: - dag_a - dag_b - dag_c settings: start_date: 2019-01-01 maximum: "365" traceback: false confirm: true pause_only: true
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.