The Python driver for Firebird
FDB is a Python library package that implements Python Database API 2.0-compliant support for the open source relational database Firebird ®. In addition to the minimal feature set of the standard Python DB API, FDB also exposes the entire native (old-style) client API of the database engine. Notably:
- Automatic data conversion from strings on input.
- Automatic input/output conversions of textual data between UNICODE and database character sets.
- Support for prepared SQL statements.
- Multiple independent transactions per single connection.
- All transaction parameters that Firebird supports, including table access specifications.
- Distributed transactions.
- Firebird BLOB support, including support for stream BLOBs.
- Support for Firebird Events.
- Support for Firebird ARRAY data type.
- Support for all Firebird Services
FDB also contains extensive collection of submodules that simplify various Firebird-related tasks. Notably:
- Database schema
- Firebird monitoring tables
- Parsing Firebird trace & audit logs
- Parsing Firebird server log
- Parsing Firebird gstat utility output
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size fdb-2.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (160.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size fdb-2.0.1.tar.gz (894.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|