Simple FEC API wrapper
# FEC API wrapper
by Jake Kara firstname.lastname@example.org
#### Example 1: Quickstart
>>> from fec import Fec >>> conn = Fec(YOUR_API_KEY) >>> ret = conn.get("/candidates") >>> print ret
#### Example 2: Optionals
- ret = conn.get(“/candidates”,
- pages=[1,2,3,4,5], # Specify which pages to retrieve params=”&cycle=2012&cycle=2016&office=P”) #Specify parameters
#### Unstable code warning!
At the moment I don’t have plans to develop this into a stable and backwards compatible code base. I haven’t added a lot of conveniences likehard-coding queries you can make. I’m publishing this code in case someone else finds it useful to see how to build a quick API wrapper.
Here are some features I do plan to add:
1. A parameter-forming method so you don’t have to pass all the URL parameters in one mashed-up string.
- A method to get all pages of results
3. Rate limit-friendliness? Maybe I’ll make this prevent you from running over API rate limits. Maybe not.
- Maybe I will add convenience methods for common queries.