Management of simple tags within file names
This Python script adds or removes tags to file names in the following form:
- file without time stamp in name – tag2.txt
- file name with several tags – tag1 tag2.jpeg
- another example file name with multiple example tags – fun videos kids.mpeg
- 2013-05-09 a file name with ISO date stamp in name – tag1.jpg
- 2013-05-09T16.17 file name with time stamp – tag3.csv
The script accepts an arbitrary number of files (see your shell for possible length limitations).
- Target group: users who are able to use command line tools and who are using tags in file names.
- Hosted and documented on github: https://github.com/novoid/filetags