The Python FinTech package (SEPA, EBICS & more)
This package contains all the functionality that is required to work with EBICS, SEPA and other financial technologies. The usage has been realised as simple as possible but also as flexible as necessary.
- Obtain bank account statements (incl. CAMT and MT940 parser)
- Create and submit SEPA credit transfers (pain.001)
- Create and submit SEPA direct debits CORE/B2B (pain.008)
- Mostly full SEPA support
- Automatic calculation of the lead time based on holidays and cut-off times
- Integrated mandate manager (beta)
- Plausibility check of IBAN and BIC
- Validation of payment orders against the SEPA Clearing Directory of the German Central Bank
- Bankcode/Account to IBAN converter according to the rules of the German Central Bank
- Currency converter
- DATEV converter (KNE)
The FinTech package provides you the possibility to manage all of your everyday commercial banking activities such as credit transfers, direct debits or the retrieval of bank account statements in a flexible and secure manner.
All modules can be used free of charge. Only the unlicensed version of the EBICS module has few restrictions. The upload of SEPA documents is limited to a maximum of five transactions and bank account statements can not be retrieved for the last three days.
Simple SEPA Credit Transfer (pain.001)
import fintech fintech.register() from fintech.sepa import Account, SEPACreditTransfer # Create the debtor account from an IBAN debtor = Account('DE89370400440532013000', 'Max Mustermann') # Create the creditor account from a tuple (IBAN, BIC) creditor = Account(('AT611904300234573201', 'BKAUATWW'), 'Maria Musterfrau') # Create a SEPACreditTransfer instance sct = SEPACreditTransfer(debtor) # Add the transaction tx = sct.add_transaction(creditor, 10.00, 'Purpose') # Render the SEPA document print(sct.render())
Simple SEPA Direct Debit (pain.008)
import fintech fintech.register() from fintech.sepa import Account, SEPADirectDebit # Create the creditor account from a tuple (ACCOUNT, BANKCODE) creditor = Account(('532013000', '37040044'), 'Max Mustermann') # Assign the creditor id creditor.set_creditor_id('DE98ZZZ09999999999') # Create the debtor account from a tuple (IBAN, BIC) debtor = Account(('AT611904300234573201', 'BKAUATWW'), 'Maria Musterfrau') # For a SEPA direct debit a valid mandate is required debtor.set_mandate(mref='M00123456', signed='2014-02-01', recurrent=True) # Create a SEPADirectDebit instance of type CORE sdd = SEPADirectDebit(creditor, 'CORE') # Add the transaction tx = sdd.add_transaction(debtor, 10.00, 'Purpose') # Render the SEPA document print(sdd.render())
import fintech fintech.register() from fintech.ebics import EbicsKeyRing, EbicsBank, EbicsUser, EbicsClient keyring = EbicsKeyRing(keys='~/mykeys', passphrase='mysecret') bank = EbicsBank(keyring=keyring, hostid='MYBANK', url='https://www.mybank.de/ebics') user = EbicsUser(keyring=keyring, partnerid='CUSTOMER123', userid='USER1') # Create new keys for this user user.create_keys(keyversion='A006', bitlength=2048) client = EbicsClient(bank, user) # Send the public electronic signature key to the bank. client.INI() # Send the public authentication and encryption keys to the bank. client.HIA() # Create an INI-letter which must be printed and sent to the bank. user.create_ini_letter(bankname='MyBank AG', path='~/ini_letter.pdf') # After the account has been activated the public bank keys # must be downloaded and checked for consistency. print(client.HPB()) # Finally the bank keys must be activated. bank.activate_keys() # Download MT940 bank account statements data = client.STA( start='2014-02-01', end='2014-02-07', ) client.confirm_download()
- v5.0.2 [2018-04-03]
- Fixed an issue with IPython and Django
- v5.0.1 [2018-03-29]
- Fixed VEU bug with suppress_no_data_error=True
- Some code improvements
- v5.0.0 [2018-03-26]
- New packaging
- Old versions should be uninstalled before upgrading!
- v4.4.1 [2018-03-09]
- Added some logging
- v4.4.0 [2018-03-08]
- Added EbicsClient context manager (auto-confirm)
- Added EbicsClient property suppress_no_data_error
- Added some IBAN countries
- Fixed unverified SSL connections (Py>=2.7.9)
- Accept multiple NtryDtls nodes in CAMTDocument
- v4.3.5 [2017-10-25]
- Fixed a SEPA date issue.
- MT940 parser: Accept all characters in purpose text even if defined as delimiter.
- Fixed a distributed signature bug.
- v4.3.4 [2017-08-10]
- Added the fields sum_credits and sum_debits to the MT942 parser.
- Fixed the handling of invalid times (24:00:00) in CAMT documents.
- Added the possibility to specify custom order parameters for FDL/FUL.
- Added further support for SEPA structured references.
- v4.3.3 [2017-06-06]
- Fixed a bug parsing CAMT52 documents.
- Made the user for EbicsClient optional.
- Fixed a bug in EbicsUser.create_ini_letter to correctly return bytes.
- Added silent parameter to method EbicsBank.activate_keys.
- Added the attributes reference_id and sequence_id to the CAMTDocument parser.
- Now parses the transaction classification also for DK in addition to ZKA.
- v4.3.2 [2017-03-30]
- Minor bug fix parsing MT942 documents.
- Minor bug fix creating self-signed certificates.
- Fixed a problem with Python builts compiled without “–with-fpectl”.
- v4.3.1 [2017-02-06]
- Fixed a bug of Account.set_mandate with named arguments.
- v4.3.0 [2017-01-19]
- PyOpenSSL is not longer required to support certificates.
- Removed direct debit type COR1 and adjusted mandate sequence types.
- OLD: Account.set_mandate(mref, signed, first, last)
- NEW: Account.set_mandate(mref, signed, recurrent)
- OLD: SEPADirectDebit(account, ‘COR1’, …)
- NEW: SEPADirectDebit(account, ‘CORE’, …)
- v4.2.4 [2017-01-17]
- Added a check for DigestMethod algorithm.
- Fixed a bug rejecting mandates signed more than three years ago.
- Fixed minor bug in mt940 parser.
- v4.2.3 [2016-10-27]
- Fixed bug of wrong content type in EBICS module.
- Added support for EBICS uploads that are approved manually via accompanying document.
- v4.2.2 [2016-05-05]
- Added timeout to EBICS requests.
- Made BIC optional for SEPA transactions.
- Added creditor id to InitgPty/OrgId for Spanish banks.
- Added postal address to SEPA documents.
- Added support for creditor reference numbers.
- v4.2.1 [2015-08-20]
- Added a check of the unicode variant (UCS2, UCS4) to setup.py.
- v4.2.0 [2015-08-17]
- Added the SEPA fields BREF, RREF, SQTP and RTCD to the MT940 parser.
- Added a dictionary of possible return codes to the SEPA module.
- Added the possibility to dynamically license additional EBICS users.
- Fixed an encoding bug of non-ascii error messages under Python 2.
- Fixed a bug swapping local and remote account for returned transactions by the CAMT parser.
- v4.1.1 [2015-04-24]
- Disabled output of license due to some difficulties with pip
- v4.1.0 [2015-04-20]
- Added support for other currencies in addition to EUR.
- Added new Amount class with an integrated currency converter.
- Now the SEPATransaction property amount is of type Amount.
- v4.0.0 [2015-04-14]
- Made the library Python 2/3 compatible.
- Added support for the cryptography package in addition to PyCrypto.
- Made the BIC optional for national transactions.
- Added the originator id to SEPA documents in GB and IE.
- Added a check to recognize transaction duplicates.
- Added a CAMT parser.
- Changed some attributes of SEPATransaction instances to be conform
with the new CAMT parser:
- Removed the property id.
- Removed the property account, instead use the method get_account().
- Renamed the property due_date to date.
- Renamed the property ext_purpose to purpose_code.
- Changed the property purpose, now it is a tuple of strings.
- Changed the property amout, now debits are signed negative.
- Fixed the handling of invalid dates (eg. 2015-02-30) in MT940 and CAMT parsers.
- Fixed a problem with the exception handling in IPython.
- Some code improvements and minor bug fixes.
- v3.0.3 [2015-02-05]
- Fixed a bug in the XML to dictionary converter.
- Fixed a bug in the path handler of the EbicsKeyRing class.
- v3.0.2 [2015-01-29]
- Fixed a bug handling bank keys with a small bit-length.
- Added some tolerance to the MT940 parser and collect unknown structured fields.
- v3.0.1 [2015-01-26]
- Renamed the package from ebics to fintech and the module client to ebics.
- Splitted the functionality of the class EbicsClient into the classes EbicsClient, EbicsBank, EbicsUser and EbicsKeyRing. Added the new class factory EbicsClientCompat for backwards compatibility.
- Added basic support for EBICS protocol version 2.4 (H003).
- Added support for certificates.
- Added the order types FUL and FDL.
- Added a French and English version of the INI-letter.
- Added the order types PUB, HCA, HCS and H3K.
- Added a check of remote SSL certificates against trusted CAs.
- Fixed the broken functionality of distributed signatures.
- Added a much faster PBKDF2 implementation.
- Created a more tolerant MT940 parser.
- Changed the API of SEPACreditTransfer and SEPADirectDebit to be more consistent and added support for different PAIN scheme versions.
- Several bug fixes.
- v2.1.2 [2014-10-26]
- Fixed some bugs regarding the distributed signature
- v2.1.1 [2014-10-26]
- Fixed a bug throwing an exception in an unregistered version of PyEBICS.
- Fixed bug of wrong OrderParams tag used by orders of the distributed signature.
- v2.1.0 [2014-09-29]
- Added some functionality based on the SCL Directory, published by the German Central Bank.
- v2.0.3 [2014-09-11]
- Fixed a bug refusing valid creditor ids.
- Added a test to check DATEV parameters for invalid arguments.
- v2.0.2 [2014-09-05]
- Fixed a bug in some EBICS requests (missing parameter tag).
- Fixed a bug in the MT940 parser.
- v2.0.1 [2014-08-18]
- Fixed a bug handling XML namespaces.
- Changed the behaviour of the flag parsed of some methods. Now a structure of dictionaries is returned instead of an objectified XML object.
- Changed the expected type of the params parameter. Now it must be a dictionary instead of a list of tuples.
- Added support for distributed signatures (HVU, HVD, HVZ, HVT, HVE, HVS).
- v1.3.0 [2014-07-29]
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- Made the package available for Windows.
- v1.2.0 [2014-05-23]
- Added new DATEV module.
- Fixed wrong XML position of UltmtCdtr node in SEPA documents.
- Changed the order of the (BANKCODE, ACCOUNT) tuple to (ACCOUNT, BANKCODE) used by the Account initializer.
- v1.1.25 [2014-02-22]
- Minor bug fix of the module loader.
- v1.1.24 [2014-02-21]
- First public release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.