Python library to parse ANT/Garmin .FIT files
Welcome to the rewrite for the next generation (ng) of python-fitparse.
Here’s a preview of what’s to come. Any and all feedback is welcome.
WARNING: This is a WIP considered HIGHLY unstable. You want to use the master branch for now.
- New, hopefully cleaner public API with a clear division between accessible and internal parts. (Still unstable and partially complete.)
- Proper documentation! [Available here](http://dtcooper.github.com/python-fitparse/).
- Unit tests and example programs.
- (WIP) Command line tools (eg a .FIT to .CSV converter).
- Component fields and compressed timestamp headers now supported and not just an afterthought. Closes issues #6 and #7.
- FIT file parsing is generic enough to support all types. Going to have specific FitFile subclasses for more popular file types like activities.
- (WIP) Converting field types to normalized values (for example, bool, date_time, etc) done in a consistent way, that’s easy to customize by subclassing the converter class. I’m going to use something like the Django form-style convert_<field name> idiom on this class.
- The FIT profile is its own complete python module, rather than using profile.def.
- Bonus! The profile generation script is _less_ ugly (but still an atrocity) and supports every [ANT FIT SDK](http://www.thisisant.com/resources/fit) from version 1.00 up to 5.10.
- A working setup.py module. Closes issue #2, finally! I’ll upload the package to [PyPI](http://pypi.python.org/) when it’s done.
- Support for parsing one record at a time. This can be done using <FitFile>.parse_one() for now, but I’m not sure of the exact implementation yet.
This software is offered under a slightly modified ISC-style license.
Copyright (c) 2011-2013, David Cooper <firstname.lastname@example.org> All rights reserved.
Dedicated to Kate Lacey
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice, the above dedication, and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size fitparse-1.0.0.tar.gz (25.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|