fluid image processing with Python.
FluidImage is a Python framework for scientific treatments of large series of images. Today, this package is in a very early stage of development and the only treatment available is Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), i.e. computation of velocity fields by correlations of images.
What do we want?
There is still work to do, but we want:
- easy installation
- no need for Matlab
- better written nearly all in Python (Cython or Pythran ok)
- well tested
- well documented
- able to use GPU
- parallel, asynchronous, distributed
- running on cluster
- today, only a very minimal GUI (Qt)
- display images (zoom, colorbar, colormaps, info on a pixel)
- display vectors (and information on a selected vector)