Skip to main content

API for fakenamegenerator.com

Project description

PyPI version Downloads PyPI license Maintenance GitHub issues

About

Fng-api is an API for fakenamegenerator.com. It has all of the features and customizability as the website does. You can specify gender, age, country, and nameset. The API will scrape the website and parse the data for you.


Usage

Here's an example script to get you started:

from fng_api import *

identity = getIdentity()
print(identity.name)

This script will generate a generic identity and print the name. You can specify different arguments in getIdentity().

getIdentity(nameset=[])
getIdentity(country=[])
getIdentity(gender=str)
getIdentity(minage=str)
getIdentity(maxage=str)

Country

You must pass a list of all of the countries that you would like the identity to possible have to the country argument. Example: To generate an identity with information for the countries of either the United States or Brazil, you would write this:

identity = getIdentity(country=["us", "br"])

Here is a list of all of the country abbreviations:

  • au - Australia
  • as - Austria
  • bg - Belgium
  • br - Brazil
  • ca - Canada
  • cyen - Cyprus (Anglicized)
  • cygk - Cyprus (Greek)
  • cz - Czech Republic
  • dk - Denmark
  • ee - Estonia
  • fi - Finland
  • fr - France
  • gr - Germany
  • gl - Greenland
  • hu - Hungary
  • is - Iceland
  • it - Italy
  • nl - Netherlands
  • nz - New Zealand
  • no - Norway
  • pl - Poland
  • pt - Portugal
  • sl - Slovenia
  • za - South Africa
  • sp - Spain
  • sw - Sweden
  • sz - Switzerland
  • tn - Tunisia
  • uk - United Kingdom
  • us - United States
  • uy - Uruguay

Nameset

You must pass a list of all of the namesets that you would like the identity to possible have to the nameset argument. Example: To generate an identity with a name from either a Danish nameset or a French nameset, you would write this:

identity = getIdentity(nameset=["dk", "fr"])

Here is a list of all of the nameset abbreviations:

  • us - American
  • ar - Arabic
  • au - Australian
  • br - Brazil
  • celat - Chechen (Latin)
  • ch - Chinese
  • zhtw - Traditional Chinese
  • hr - Croatian
  • cs - Czech
  • dk - Danish
  • nl - Dutch
  • en - England/Wales
  • er - Eritrean
  • fi - Finnish
  • fr - French
  • gr - German
  • gl - Greenland
  • sp - Hispanic
  • hobbit - Hobbit
  • hu - Hungarian
  • is - Icelandic
  • ig - Igbo
  • it - Italian
  • jpja - Japanese
  • tlh - Klingon
  • ninja - Ninja
  • no - Norwegian
  • fa - Persian
  • pl - Polish
  • ru - Russian
  • rucyr - Russian (Cyrillic)
  • gd - Scottish
  • sl - Slovenian
  • sw - Swedish
  • th - Thai
  • vn - Vietnamese

Gender

The gender argument is passed as an integer represented by a string. The integer represents the chance out of 100 that the identity will be a male. So if you wanted the identity to be only a girl, you would set gender equal to 0. If you wanted a 50/50 chance, you would set it to 50. Heres an example of an identity that has a 25% chance to be a male and a 75% chance to be a female:

identity = getIdentity(gender="25")

Age Ranges

You can configure the age range of the identity. All you have to do is set the minage and maxage values. Minage cannot be below 0 and maxage cannot be above 100. Minage is also not allowed to be greater than maxage. Here's an example of an identity with the an age range of 15-26:

identity = getIdentity(minage="15", maxage="26")

Default Values

Here are the default values for the getIdentity() function;

getIdentity(nameset=["us"], country=["us"], gender="50", minage="19", maxage="85")

Attributes

You can access an attribute of the identity by doing identity.attribute. So here's how to get the address of an identity as an example:

identity = getIdentity()
print(identity.address)

Here's a list of all al the attributes:

  • address
  • street
  • city
  • state
  • zip
  • motherMaidenName
  • ssn
  • coords
  • phone
  • countryCode
  • birthday
  • birthdayMonth
  • birthdayDay
  • birthdayYear
  • age
  • zodiac
  • email
  • username
  • password
  • website
  • useragent
  • card
  • expiration
  • cvv2
  • company
  • occupation
  • height
  • heightcm
  • weight
  • weightkg
  • blood
  • ups
  • westernunion
  • moneygram
  • color
  • vehicle
  • guid

Project details


Download files

Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.

Files for fng-api, version 0.0.5
Filename, size File type Python version Upload date Hashes
Filename, size fng_api-0.0.5-py3-none-any.whl (5.8 kB) File type Wheel Python version py3 Upload date Hashes View
Filename, size fng_api-0.0.5.tar.gz (6.1 kB) File type Source Python version None Upload date Hashes View

Supported by

AWS AWS Cloud computing Datadog Datadog Monitoring DigiCert DigiCert EV certificate Facebook / Instagram Facebook / Instagram PSF Sponsor Fastly Fastly CDN Google Google Object Storage and Download Analytics Microsoft Microsoft PSF Sponsor Pingdom Pingdom Monitoring Salesforce Salesforce PSF Sponsor Sentry Sentry Error logging StatusPage StatusPage Status page