fitting oscillations & one-over f
FOOOF: Fitting Oscillations & One-Over F
FOOOF is a fast, efficient, physiologically-informed model to parameterize neural power spectra, characterizing both the aperiodic & periodic components.
The model conceives of the neural power spectrum as consisting of two distinct components:
- an aperiodic component, reflecting 1/f like characteristics, modeled with an exponential fit, with
- band-limited peaks, reflecting putative oscillations, and modeled as Gaussians
The module includes:
- Code for applying models to parameterize neural power spectra
- Plotting functions for visualizing power spectra, model fits, and model parameters
- Analysis functions for examining model components and parameters
- Utilities for Input/Output management, data management and analysis reports
- Simulation code for simulating power spectra for methods testing
More details are available on the documentation site.
If you use this code in your project, please cite:
Haller M, Donoghue T, Peterson E, Varma P, Sebastian P, Gao R, Noto T, Knight RT, Shestyuk A, Voytek B (2018) Parameterizing Neural Power Spectra. bioRxiv, 299859. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/299859
A full description of the method and approach is available in this paper.
Direct Paper Link: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/299859v1
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size fooof-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (112.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size fooof-1.0.0.tar.gz (83.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|