A model building library
Footings - A Model Building Library
What is it?
Footings is a model building Python library. No out-of-the box models are provided. Instead it is a framework library that provides key objects and functions to help users construct custom models.
The footings library was developed with the intention of making it easier to develop actuarial models in Python. Actuarial models are a mix of data engineering and math/calculations. In addition, actuarial models are usually not defined by one calculation, but a series of calculations. So even though the original purpose is actuarial work, if the problem at hand sounds familiar, others might find this library useful.
The Footings library was designed as framework library using the below principles -
- Models are a sequence of linked steps
- Models need to be easy to understand
- Models need to have validation built in
- Models need to be easy to audit
- Models need to be self documenting
- Models need to be able to scale up
- Models need to be able to build off other models
- Model environments should not be monolithic
These all become easier when you can leverage the amazing Python and wider open source ecosystems.
To install from PyPI run -
pip install footings
To install the latest version on github run -
pip install git+https://github.com/foootings/footings-core.git
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for footings-0.11.0-py3-none-any.whl