RFC 3676 format=flowed text processing
The formatflowed.py python library provides en- and decoding functionality for RFC 2646 and RFC 3676 text, also called format=flowed text. The development of this library was generously sponsored by Logicalware, and was written by Martijn Pieters.
formatflowed.py has been tested with python versions 2.6 - 2.7, 3.3 - 3.6 and pypy and pypy3. Installation requires setuptools.
Use the standard setuptools installation script provided:
python setup.py install
or install the package as an egg:
pip install formatflowed
Further documentation is embedded in the docstrings of the module.
- Dropped support for Python < 2.6
- Cleaned up bytes vs. unicode handling to be consistent
- Added official support for Python >= 3.3 and PyPy.
- Made unicode exception handling configurable. [mj]
- Updated project URLs, and cleaned up setup.py. The project is now hosted on GitHub. [mj]
- Added release metadata and a README. [mj]
- Initial release. [mj]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|formatflowed-2.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (12.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Nov 29, 2016|
|formatflowed-2.0.0.tar.gz (12.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Nov 29, 2016|