Simple & fast PDF generation for Python
-> come look at our good first issues
fpdf2 is a PDF creation library for Python:
from fpdf import FPDF pdf = FPDF() pdf.add_page() pdf.set_font('helvetica', size=12) pdf.cell(txt="hello world") pdf.output("hello_world.pdf")
It is a fork and the successor of
PyFPDF (cf. history).
Compared with other PDF libraries,
fpdf2 is fast, versatile, easy to learn and to extend (example).
It is also entirely written in Python and has very few dependencies:
Pillow, defusedxml, svg.path & fontTools.
Development status: this project is mature and actively maintained.
We are looking for contributing developers: if you want to get involved but don't know how, or would like to volunteer helping maintain this lib, open a discussion!
pip install fpdf2
To get the latest, unreleased, development version straight from the development branch of this repository:
pip install git+https://github.com/PyFPDF/fpdf2.git@master
- Python 3.7+ support
- Unicode (UTF-8) TrueType font subset embedding
- Internal / external links
- Embedding images, including transparency and alpha channel
- Arbitrary path drawing and basic SVG import
- Embedding barcodes, charts & graphs, emojis, symbols & dingbats
- Cell / multi-cell / plaintext writing, with automatic page breaks, line break and text justification
- Choice of measurement unit, page format & margins. Optional page header and footer
- Basic conversion from HTML to PDF
- A templating system to render PDFs in batchs
- Images & links alternative descriptions, for accessibility
- Table of contents & document outline
- Document signing
- Annotations, including text highlights, and file attachments
- Presentation mode with control over page display duration & transitions
- Unit tests with
qpdf-based PDF diffing and a high code coverage
- Optional basic Markdown-like styling:
- Can render mathematical equations & charts
- Usage examples with Django, Flask, streamlit, AWS lambdas... : Usage in web APIs
Our 300+ reference PDF test files, generated by
fpdf2, are validated using 3 different checkers:
Please show the value
Choosing a project dependency can be difficult. We need to ensure stability and maintainability of our projects. Surveys show that GitHub stars count play an important factor when assessing library quality.
⭐ Please give this repository a star. It takes seconds and will help your fellow developers! ⭐
Please share with the community
This library relies on community interactions. Please consider sharing a post about
fpdf2 and the value it provides 😊
- Documentation Home
- Tutorial in several languages: English - Deutsch - español - हिंदी português - Русский - Italian - français - Ελληνικά
- Release notes: CHANGELOG.md
- A series of blog posts: fpdf2 tag @ ludochaordic
You can also have a look at the
tests/, they're great usage examples!
Please check the dedicated documentation page.
This library could only exist thanks to the dedication of many volunteers around the world:
(screenshot from June 2021, click on the map above to access an up-to-date online version)
Community, related tools, alternative libraries
More about those in the documentation.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for fpdf2-2.5.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl