Frictionless is a framework to describe, extract, validate, and transform tabular data
Frictionless is a framework to describe, extract, validate, and transform tabular data (DEVT Framework). It supports a great deal of data schemes and formats, as well as provides popular platforms integrations. The framework is powered by the lightweight yet comprehensive Frictionless Data Specifications.
- Describe your data: You can infer, edit and save metadata of your data tables. It's a first step for ensuring data quality and usability. Frictionless metadata includes general information about your data like textual description, as well as, field types and other tabular data details.
- Extract your data: You can read your data using a unified tabular interface. Data quality and consistency are guaranteed by a schema. Frictionless supports various file schemes like HTTP, FTP, and S3 and data formats like CSV, XLS, JSON, SQL, and others.
- Validate your data: You can validate data tables, resources, and datasets. Frictionless generates a unified validation report, as well as supports a lot of options to customize the validation process.
- Transform your data: You can clean, reshape, and transfer your data tables and datasets. Frictionless provides a pipeline capability and a lower-level interface to work with the data.
- Open Source (MIT)
- Powerful Python framework
- Convenient command-line interface
- Low memory consumption for data of any size
- Reasonable performance on big data
- Support for compressed files
- Custom checks and formats
- Fully pluggable architecture
- The included API server
- More than 1000+ tests
$ frictionless validate data/invalid.csv [invalid] data/invalid.csv row field code message ----- ------- ---------------- -------------------------------------------- 3 blank-header Header in field at position "3" is blank 4 duplicate-header Header "name" in field "4" is duplicated 2 3 missing-cell Row "2" has a missing cell in field "field3" 2 4 missing-cell Row "2" has a missing cell in field "name2" 3 3 missing-cell Row "3" has a missing cell in field "field3" 3 4 missing-cell Row "3" has a missing cell in field "name2" 4 blank-row Row "4" is completely blank 5 5 extra-cell Row "5" has an extra value in field "5"
Please visit our documentation portal:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size frictionless-4.7.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (219.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size frictionless-4.7.4.tar.gz (155.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for frictionless-4.7.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl