Data management framework for Python that provides functionality to describe, extract, validate, and transform tabular data
Data management framework for Python that provides functionality to describe, extract, validate, and transform tabular data (DEVT Framework). It supports a great deal of data schemes and formats, as well as provides popular platforms integrations. The framework is powered by the lightweight yet comprehensive Frictionless Data Specifications.
- Describe your data: You can infer, edit and save metadata of your data tables. It's a first step for ensuring data quality and usability. Frictionless metadata includes general information about your data like textual description, as well as, field types and other tabular data details.
- Extract your data: You can read your data using a unified tabular interface. Data quality and consistency are guaranteed by a schema. Frictionless supports various file schemes like HTTP, FTP, and S3 and data formats like CSV, XLS, JSON, SQL, and others.
- Validate your data: You can validate data tables, resources, and datasets. Frictionless generates a unified validation report, as well as supports a lot of options to customize the validation process.
- Transform your data: You can clean, reshape, and transfer your data tables and datasets. Frictionless provides a pipeline capability and a lower-level interface to work with the data.
- Open Source (MIT)
- Powerful Python framework
- Convenient command-line interface
- Low memory consumption for data of any size
- Reasonable performance on big data
- Support for compressed files
- Custom checks and formats
- Fully pluggable architecture
- The included API server
- More than 1000+ tests
$ frictionless validate data/invalid.csv [invalid] data/invalid.csv row field code message ----- ------- ---------------- -------------------------------------------- 3 blank-header Header in field at position "3" is blank 4 duplicate-header Header "name" in field "4" is duplicated 2 3 missing-cell Row "2" has a missing cell in field "field3" 2 4 missing-cell Row "2" has a missing cell in field "name2" 3 3 missing-cell Row "3" has a missing cell in field "field3" 3 4 missing-cell Row "3" has a missing cell in field "name2" 4 blank-row Row "4" is completely blank 5 5 extra-cell Row "5" has an extra value in field "5"
Please visit our documentation portal:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for frictionless-4.40.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl