A Plone addon for labels.
A Plone addon for labels.
Containers, Folders for example, can be marked as label container. For each label container a set of labels with colors can be defined. Items whithin this container which support labelling can then be labelled with one or more labels.
Managing labels on the label container (ILabelJar):
Set label for a content (ILabelSupport):
- Add ftw.labels to your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.labels
- Install the generic setup profile of ftw.labels.
Usage / Integration
Add the ILabelJar marker interface to any container class you want:
<class class="Products.ATContentTypes.content.folder.ATFolder"> <implements interface="ftw.labels.interfaces.ILabelRoot" /> </class>
For objects providing ILabelJar a left-column-portlet is added on the root of the Plone site which allows to manage labels.
Add the ILabelSupport marker interface to any item you want to be able to set labels on:
<class class="plone.app.blob.content.ATBlob"> <implements interface="ftw.labels.interfaces.ILabelSupport" /> </class>
For objects providing ILabelSupport a right-column-portlet is added on the root of the Plone site which allows to manage labels.
Add the ILabelJarChild marker interface to any container class to display the labels stored in a parents ILabelJar
<class class="Products.ATContentTypes.content.folder.ATFolder"> <implements interface="ftw.labels.interfaces.ILabelJarChild" /> </class>
For objects providing ILabelJarChild you can manage and store the same labels as defined in the ILabelJar content without defining a new ILabelRoot
The package provides an uninstall mechanism. Use Plone’s addon control panel or portal_quickInstaller to uninstall the package.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.labels is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Add statusmessage instead of raising an error if the user does not choose a title for a new lable. [elioschmutz]
- Fix portelt structure. Adjust it to plone default structure. https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.labels/issues/43 [elioschmutz]
- Add ILabelJarChild interface to inherit labels of a parents ILabelJar https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.labels/issues/41 [elioschmutz]
- Do not show label configuration button for not permitted users. https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.labels/issues/39 [elioschmutz]
- Do not redirect to referer when updating the labels jar. The referer is usually the form submitting the change. [jone]
- Hide portlet for unprivileged users when there are no labels. [jone]
- Fix edit label link permission check in labels jar portlet. [jone]
- Fix edit link permission check in labeling viewlet. [jone]
- Initial implementation. [elioschmutz, jone]