A test browser for Zope and Plone.
ftw.testbrowser is a browser library for testing Plone web sites and applications. It integrations directly into Plone / Zope and uses lxml for parsing and querying pages. It supports all the basic features such as filling forms.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.testbrowser is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Since the default mode changed in python3 [Portingguide] we should use from io import open to make it compatible with both versions in core.py. This is relevant for e.g. browser.debug() [busykoala]
- Implement webtest driver. [buchi]
- Add support for Plone 5.2. [buchi]
- Make Traversal and Mechanize drivers optional as the underlying libraries are no longer available in Zope 4 (Plone 5.2). [buchi]
- No longer use plone.formwidget.autocomplete and plone.formwidget.contenttree in tests with Plone 5 and later. [buchi]
- Implement AjaxSelectWidget and improve RelatedItemsWidget. [buchi]
- Modernize z3c form used in test by using directives to setup widgets and removing form wrapper. [buchi]
- Plone 5: disable resource registries in order to improve overall performance. [jone]
- Add support for Python 3. [buchi]
- Add an allow_redirects property to browser for being able to block following redirects. [Rotonen]
- Fix encoding problems for HTML documents without encoding declaration by respecting the encoding in the content-type response header. [jone]
- Fix namespacing issues in WebDav Documents generated by Plone. [njohner]
- Fix MIME encoding error when uploading files and using unicode form values. [jone]
- Improve extraction of erroneous fields. [jone, mbaechtold]
- Fix unbound local error. [deiferni]
- Add missing dependency on plone.uuid. [njohner]
- Fix browser.debug to finish writing file before opening. [jone]
- Improve opening relative URLs. [mbaechtold]
- Refactor plone.protect auto CSRF support for compatibility with ftw.testing’s COMPONENT_REGISTRY_ISOLATION isolation layer. [jone]
- Factories menu: fix regression when menu visible but empty. [jone]
- Let traversal driver support plone.protect>=3 auto CSRF protection. [jone]
- Add Plone 5.1 support. [jone, maethu]
- Improve multi browser support in standard page objects. [jone]
- Make plone.protect import optional so that ftw.testbrowser works without plone.protect. [jone]
- Disallow using browser as nested context manager. [jone]
- Fix reset behavior while used in context manager. [jone]
- Datagridfield widget: support cell-filling by other widgets. [jone]
- Feature: raise InsufficientPrivileges when a Plone request causes a insufficient privileges problem. [jone]
- Add editbar page object module. [jone]
- Reimplement internal query info with a QueryInfo class. [jone]
- Add send_authenticator option for CSRF support. [jone]
- Fix issues with read the docs builds. [jone]
- Traversal driver: decode gzip encoded responses. [jone]
- Declare missing dependencies. [lgraf]
- Log exceptions to stderr when they are not expected. [jone]
- Standardize redirect loop detection: always throw a RedirectLoopException. [jone]
- Add traversal request driver. [jone]
- Fix browser.context when base_url ends with a view name. [phgross]
- Fix browser.debug when body is a bytestring. [jone]
- Introduce browser.expect_unauthorized context manager. [jone]
- HTTPError: include code and reason in exception. [jone]
- Docs: Fix wrong expect_http_error argument names. [jone]
- Docs: swith to RTD, update URLs. [jone]
- Docs: Switch to RTD Sphinx theme. [lgraf]
- Forbid setting of “x-zope-handle-errors” header. [jone]
- Add an option browser.exception_bubbling, disabled by default. [jone]
- Mechanize: no longer disable “x-zope-handle-errors”. [jone]
- Introduce browser.expect_http_error() context manager. [jone]
- Add an option browser.raise_http_errors, enabled by default. [jone]
- Raise HTTPClientError and HTTPServerError by default. [jone]
- Introduce browser.status_reason. [jone]
- Introduce browser.status_code. [jone]
- Make zope.globalrequest support optional. [jone]
- Add testing layers for setting the default driver. [jone]
- Add default_driver option to the driver. [jone]
- Refactoring: introduce request drivers. [jone]
- Add Support for Button tag. [tschanzt]
- No longer test with Archetypes, test only with dexterity. [jone]
- Support latest Plone 4.3.x release. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Declare some previously missing test requirements. [lgraf]
- Declare previously missing dependency on zope.globalrequest (introduced in #35). [lgraf]
- Preserve the request of zope.globalrequest when opening pages with mechanize. [deiferni]
- Also provide advice for available options in exception message. [lgraf]
- Preserve radio-button input when filling forms with radio buttons. [deiferni]
- Implement browser.click_on(tex) short cut for clicking links. [jone]
- Fix encoding error in assertion message when selecting a missing select option. [mbaechtold]
- Fix GET form submission to actually submit it with GET. [jone]
- Table: add new “.column” method for getting all cells of a column. [jone]
- Add support for filling collective.z3cform.datagridfield. [jone, mbaechtold]
- Add image upload widget support (archetypes and dexterity). [jone]
- Parse XML responses with XML parser instead of HTML parser. New methods for parsing the response: parse_as_html, parse_as_xml and parse. [jone]
- Add browser properties contenttype, mimetype and encoding. [jone]
- Use cssselect in favor of lxml.cssselect. This allows us to use lxml >= 3. [jone]
- Added tests for z3c date fields. [phgross]
- AutocompleteWidget: Drop query string from base URL when building query URL. [lgraf]
- Widgets: test for sequence widget after testing for autocomplete widgets. Some widgets match both, autocomplete and sequence widgets. In this case we want to have the autocomplete widget. [jone]
- Fix error with textarea tags without id-attributes. [jone]
- Fix an issue with relative urls. [jone, deiferni]
- Set the HTTP REFERER header correctly. [jone]
Add folder_contents page object. [jone]
Update table methods with keyword arguments:
- head_offset: used for stripping rows from the header
- as_text: set to False for getting cell nodes
- Filling selects: verbose error message when option not found. The available options are now included in the message. [jone]
- Node.text: remove multiple spaces in a row caused by nesting. [jone]
- Fix problems when filling forms which have checked checkedbox. [phgross]
- Fix encoding problem on binary file uploads. [jone]
- Add a Dexterity namedfile upload widget. [lgraf]
- Fix python 2.6 support. [jone]
- Fix z3cform choice collection widget to support Plone < 4.3. [jone]
- Fix z3cform choice collection widget submit value. The widget creates hidden input fields on submit. [jone]
- Fix error in z3cform choice collection widget when using paths. [jone]
- Add a z3cform choice collection widget. This is used for z3cform List fields with Choice value_type. [jone]
- Add select field node wrapper with methods for getting available options. [jone]
- browser.open(data): support multiple values for the same data name. The values can either be passed as a dict with lists as values or as a sequence of two-element tuples. [jone]
- Fix browser.url regression when the previous request raised an exception. [jone]
- Make NoElementFound exception message more verbose. When a .first on an empty result set raises a NoElementFound exception, the exception message now includes the original query. [jone]
- Fix browser cloning regression in autocomplete widget “query”. The cloned browser did no longer have the same headers / cookies, causing authenticated access to be no longer possible. [jone]
- New browser.clone method for creating browser clones. [jone]
- Update standard page objects to accept browser instace as keyword arguments. This makes it possible to use the page objects with non-standard browsers. [jone]
New browser.base_url property, respecting the <base> tag. [jone]
New browser.debug method, opening the current page in your real browser. [jone]
New browser.on method, a lazy variant of browser.open. [jone]
New browser.reload method, reloading the current page. [jone]
Improve requests library support:
- Support choosing requests library, make Zope app setup optional. When no Zope app is set up, the requests library is set as default, otherwise mechanize.
- Support form submitting with requests library.
- Improve login and header support for equests library requests.
- Add browser.cookies support for requests library requests.
- Use requests library sessions, so that cookies and headers persist.
- Automatically use “POST” when data is submitted.
- Support passing member objects to browser.login(). The users / members are still expected to hav TEST_USER_PASSWORD as password.
- Refactor login to use the new request header methods.
Add request header methods for managing permanent request headers:
Refactor Form: eliminate class methods and do not use the global browser. This improves form support when running multiple browser instances concurrently.
- Form.field_labels (class method) is now a instance property and public API.
- Form.find_widget_in_form (class method) is removed and replaced with Form.find_widget (instance method).
- Form.find_field_in_form (class method) is removed and replaced Form.get_field (instance method).
- Form.find_form_element_by_label_or_name (class method) is removed and replaced with browser.find_form_by_field.
- Form.find_form_by_labels_or_names (class method) is removed and replaced with browser.find_form_by_fields.
- New Form.action_url property with the full qualified action URL.
- Fix form action URL bug when using relative paths in combination with document-style base url.
Fix wrapping input.label - this did only work for a part of field types. [jone]
Fix UnicodeDecodeError in node string representation. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add support for filling AT MultiSelectionWidget. [jone]
- Add a context property to the browser with the current context (Plone object) of the currently viewed page. [jone]
- Fix encoding problem in factories menu page object. The problem occured when having a “Restrictions…” entry in the menu. [jone]
- Form: Support checking checkboxes without a value. Checkboxes without a value attribute are invalid but common. The default browser behavior is to fallback to the value “on”. [jone]
- ContentTreeWidget: support filling objects as values. [jone]
- Implement logout on browser, logout before each login. [jone]
- Add cookies property to the browser. [jone]
- Fix multiple wrapping on browser.forms. [jone]
- Implement archetypes datetime widget form filling. [jone]
- Fix encoding problems when posting unicode data directly with Browser.open. [jone]
- Support form filling with bytestrings. [jone]
- Fix form filling with umlauts. [jone]
- Fix form fill for single select fields. [jone]
- Implement AT file upload widget, because the label does not work. [jone]
- Implement file uploads. [jone]
- Add “headers” property on the browser. [jone]
- Deprecate normalized_text method, replace it with text property. The text property is more intuitive and easier to remember. The text property has almost the same result as normalized_text, but it represents <br/> and <p> with single and double newlines respectively. text is to be the lxml text property, which contained the raw, non-recursive text of the current node and is now available as raw_text property. [jone]
- open_html: make debugging file contain passed HTML. [jone]
- Sequence widget: implement custom form filling with label support and validation. [jone]
- Sequence widget: add additional properties with inputs and options. [jone]
- Implement “query” method on autocomplete widget. [jone]
- Implement form fill for z3cform datetime widget. [jone]
- Fix setting attributes on nodes when wrapped with NodeWrapper. [jone]
- Implement form fill for z3cform autocomplete widgets. [jone]
- Implement form fill for z3cform sequence widgets. [jone]
- Add webdav method for doing WebDAV requests with a ZServer. [jone]
- Add open_html method to browser object, allowing to pass in HTML directly. [jone]
- Add dexterity page object, refactor z3cform page object. [jone]
- Add table nodes with helpers for table testing. [jone]
- Merging “Nodes” lists returns a new “Nodes” list, not a “list”. [jone]
- Show containing elements in string representation of “Nodes” list. [jone]
- Fix direct child selection with CSS (node.css(“>tag”)). [jone]
- Add a recursive option to normalized_text. [jone]
- When normalizing whitespaces, do also replace non-breaking spaces. [jone]
- Add first_or_none property to Nodes. [jone]
- Initial implementation. [jone]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ftw.testbrowser-2.1.1.tar.gz (123.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|