Run test from anywhere to anywhere in the galaxy
galaxest is a CLI (Command Line Interface) software to help developer/tester to run automation test through any device farms agnostically.
Installation & Setup
- Mac OS / Linux Debian based
- Python 2.7
- Python PIP
- ADB properly setup
You must have all of the requirements installed first. Then you can simply install via Python PIP:
pip install galaxest
You have to setup your app after the installation success. type command below if this is your first setup:
or you can type below command if you want to re-setup your configuration:
It will show a dialogue to prompt you about the setup. Choose Yes if you are ready to do the setup.
You'll be asked to choose the device farm sources available for your project. You can choose more than one device farm source if you have it. You have to type → for each options you choose until the indicator shows X while O means you are not choosing the option.
OpenSTF Device Farm Setup
You'll need host,api key, and adb public key of the OpenSTF to make your app works with OpenSTF Device Farm.
- Please put your OpenSTF host address completely like example :
- Then you have to generate your OpenSTF API Key from your OpenSTF Dashboard and put the API Key to the setup dialogue.
- Last, you need to register your ADB Public Key to your OpenSTF account in order to do remote connect and do some adb commands through the device.
- It will check if the app is able to connect to the OpenSTF Device Farm.
Next, You'll be asked to choose one automation tool that you use in your computer.
Katalon Automation Tool Setup
There are some questions to make galaxest working perfectly with your Katalon.
- The Katalon Application Path. You need to specify the absolute path to your katalon application. e.g:
- Your Automation Project File. You need to specify the absolute path to your automation project file. The file should be the one which has extension .prj. e.g:
If you want to connect randomly to a device:
Or if you want to connect to a desired device:
galaxest -c desired_serial_id
galaxest -d desired_serial_id
my connected devices
run a test
simple test run
You can run a test by simply use this command:
galaxest -r desired_test_suite_name
choose device to run test
You can also specify the method to find the most suitable device to run test. We currently support find a device by the id
--by-id, by the os
--by-os, and by the amount
galaxest -r desired_test_suite_name --by-id desired_serial_id
specify more run options
You can also specify more options supported from the automation framework you are using by adding
galaxest -r <test_suite_name> --opts additional_run_options
run in parallel
You can run your automation test in parallel by using
, as delimiter between specs except for
galaxest -r desired_test_suite_name --by-os 5,6,7
Copyright © 2019 The galaxest Project. All Rights Reserved.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size galaxest-0.0.8-py2-none-any.whl (16.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size galaxest-0.0.8.tar.gz (13.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|