An opinionated way to build great games in Pygame
Getting Started with Pygamer
Pygamer is an opinionated way to build with Pygame that makes developers' lives easier and building games more fun!
Pygamer makes developing python games with Pygame quick, modular, maintainable, and scalable. You can load a game window in a matter of seconds, build a simple game in a matter of minutes, and then spend as much time as you want to scale your game as far as you like. And it will be easily maintainable, debuggable, and variable. This is due to the central ideas behind the Pygamer system for Pygame.
Centrals ideas behind Pygamer
- All Games have objects, players, and menus
- All objects react to events in specific ways (handlers)
- All games and objects need to update and draw on each frame
- Players need to have their own objects that are coupled to their player instance
- Menus should not affect gameplay until active, at which point they should immediately take over the game loop
- The current running Game or Menu should receive and delegate all events to the proper handlers
Start a game with Pygamer
Check out our examples for an introduction on how to create games.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size gameit-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (2.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size gameit-0.0.1.tar.gz (1.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|