Generative art library
Generative art and graphing library for creating images and animations.
Version 3.0 notes
Version 3 introduces a few breaking changes compared to 2.x, mainly to improve the graph module.
Axesclass has changed. The main breaking change is that it now uses the current user coordinates to control line thickness and text size, just like most other classes. Previously it used a crazy system of guesswork and magic scaling factors. On the plus side, it now also allows much more control over the axes appearance.
- The previous graph plotting functions have gone. Plotting is now done by a
Plotclass, that works in a similar way to other shape classes.
- A minor change is that the
colorparameter has been renamed to
patternin most places, to reflect the fact that it can now be a gradient (and hopefully soon image, vector pattern and mesh fills will be supported). This will only affect code that uses a named parameter for
color. The parameter itself can still accept
Colorobjects, as well as the new
generativepy is a library rather an application. It provides useful functions and example code that allow you to create images and videos by writing simple Python scripts.
The library uses pycairo for drawing graphics.
- A simple framework for creating images, image sequences, and gifs, using pycairo.
- Support for bitmap processing using PIL and NumPy.
- Colour module that supports RGB, HSL and CSS colours, transparency, lerping, colormaps.
- A simple tweening module to help with animation.
- Geometry module for drawing shapes.
- A graphing library for plotting 2D functions.
- 3D geometry module using moderngl.
Visit pythoninformer.com for details:
For detailed information of pycairo see the Computer graphics in Python ebook.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size generativepy-3.0.tar.gz (27.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size generativepy-3.0-py3-none-any.whl (27.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for generativepy-3.0-py3-none-any.whl