CLI client for Geofront, a simple SSH key management server
It provides a CLI client for Geofront, a simple SSH key management server.
$ pipsi install geofront-cli
What you have to do first of all is to configure the Geofront server URL. Type geofront-cli start and then it will show a prompt:
$ geofront-cli start Geofront server URL:
We suppose http://example.com/ here. It will open an authentication page in your default web browser:
$ geofront-cli start Geofront server URL: http://example.com/ Continue to authenticate in your web browser... Press return to continue
List available remotes
You can list the available remotes using geofront-cli remotes command:
$ geofront-cli remotes web-1 web-2 web-3 worker-1 worker-2 db-1 db-2
If you give -v/--verbose option it will show their actual addresses as well:
$ geofront-cli remotes -v web-1 email@example.com web-2 firstname.lastname@example.org web-3 email@example.com worker-1 firstname.lastname@example.org worker-2 email@example.com db-1 firstname.lastname@example.org db-2 email@example.com
SSH to remote
You can easily connect to a remote through SSH. Use geofront-cli ssh command instead of vanilla ssh:
$ geofront-cli ssh web-1 Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab078.27 i686) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/ ubuntu@web-1:~$
In most cases, you probably need to list remotes to find an alias to SSH before run geofront-cli ssh command. geofront-cli go command is a single command for these two actions at once:
$ geofront-cli go (...interactive fuzzy finder for remotes is shown...) Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab078.27 i686) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/ ubuntu@web-1:~$
Note that there’s a shortcut command gfg which is an alias of geofront-cli go.
There is geofront-cli scp command as well, which is corresponding to scp:
$ geofront-cli scp file.txt web-1:file.txt file.txt 100% 3157 3.1KB/s 00:00 $ geofront-cli scp -r web-1:path/etc/apt ./ sources.list 100% 3157 3.1KB/s 00:00 trusted.gpg 100% 14KB 13.9KB/s 00:00
- Shortcut for geofront-cli ssh command
- Make geofront-cli ssh similar to ssh
Released on April 03, 2020.
- Fixed some command won’t work properly. This bug occured when running ssh or scp command through the other command. (e.g. geofront-cli go) [#19 by cynthia]
Released on March 25, 2020.
- Added jump host options to use ProxyJump in SSH. [#18 by cynthia]
Released on February 26, 2020.
- Added supporting for LibreSSL. [#16 by cynthia]
Released on May 24, 2017.
- Fixed a bug that geofront-cli go/gfg had crashed with AttributeError when a user cancelled (i.e. Ctrl-C) to select a remote. [#10]
Released on May 23, 2017.
- Dropped support of Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- geofront-cli go command and its alias shortcut gfg were introduced. It’s an interactive user interface to select a remote and SSH to it at once.
- Fixed verification failure of SSL certificates when Python was installed using Homebrew on macOS. Now it depends on Certifi.
- Now the output list of geofront-cli remotes is sorted.
- The second column of geofront-cli remotes --verbose result became vertically aligned.
- The second column of geofront-cli remotes --verbose result became to omit the port number if it’s 22 so that these are easy to copy-and-paste into other SSH programs.
- Loading spinners became shown when time-taking tasks are running.
Released on April 3, 2017.
- Fixed UnicodeError during signing the running Python 3 executable on macOS.
Released on March 30, 2017.
- Now -d/--debug option prints more debug logs.
- Fixed system errors during getting/setting password through keyring/Keychain on macOS due to some unsigned Python executables.
Released on May 31, 2016.
- Fixed ImportError on Python 2.6.
Released on May 28, 2016.
- Forward compatibility with Geofront 0.4.
Released on January 15, 2016.
- Fixed an AttributeError during handling error sent by server. [#4]
Released on November 14, 2014.
Released on June 29, 2014.
- Added geofront-cli scp command.
- Added the short option -S for --ssh.
- It becomes to no more depend on dirspec. Instead it’s simply bundled together.
- geofront-cli now prints a usage description when no subcommand specified.
Released on May 3, 2014.
- Added handling of unfinished authentication error.
- Added handling of incompatible protocol version.
Released on April 22, 2014.
- Fixed Python 2 incompatibility.
- Added warning for non-SSL server URL.
First pre-alpha release. Released on April 21, 2014.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size geofront_cli-0.4.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (38.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size geofront-cli-0.4.4.tar.gz (23.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for geofront_cli-0.4.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl