A GeoRSS client library.
This library is a framework to build concrete libraries for convenient access to GeoRSS Feeds.
pip install georss-client
|python-georss-generic-client||Generic GeoRSS Feeds||misc|
|python-georss-ign-sismologia-client||Instituto Geográfico Nacional Sismología||Earthquakes|
|python-georss-ingv-centro-nazionale-terremoti-client||INGV Centro Nazionale Terremoti||Earthquakes|
|python-georss-nrcan-earthquakes-client||Natural Resources Canada||Earthquakes|
|python-georss-qld-bushfire-alert-client||Queensland Bushfire Alert||Fires|
|python-georss-tfs-incidents-client||Tasmania Fire Service Incidents||Fires|
|python-georss-wa-dfes-client||Western Australia Department of Fire and Emergency Services||Fires|
Each implementation extracts relevant information from the GeoRSS feed. Not all feeds contain the same level of information, or present their information in different ways.
After instantiating a particular class and supply the required
parameters, you can call
update to retrieve the feed data. The return
value will be a tuple of a status code and the actual data in the form of a
list of feed entries specific to the selected feed.
- UPDATE_OK: Update went fine and data was retrieved. The library may still return empty data, for example because no entries fulfilled the filter criteria.
- UPDATE_OK_NO_DATA: Update went fine but no data was retrieved, for example because the server indicated that there was not update since the last request.
- UPDATE_ERROR: Something went wrong during the update
The Feed Managers help managing feed updates over time, by notifying the consumer of the feed about new feed entries, updates and removed entries compared to the last feed update.
- If the current feed update is the first one, then all feed entries will be reported as new. The feed manager will keep track of all feed entries' external IDs that it has successfully processed.
- If the current feed update is not the first one, then the feed manager will
produce three sets:
- Feed entries that were not in the previous feed update but are in the current feed update will be reported as new.
- Feed entries that were in the previous feed update and are still in the current feed update will be reported as to be updated.
- Feed entries that were in the previous feed update but are not in the current feed update will be reported to be removed.
- If the current update fails, then all feed entries processed in the previous feed update will be reported to be removed.
After a successful update from the feed, the feed manager will provide two different dates:
last_updatewill be the timestamp of the last successful update from the feed. This date may be useful if the consumer of this library wants to treat intermittent errors from feed updates differently.
last_timestampwill be the latest timestamp extracted from the feed data. This requires that the underlying feed data actually contains a suitable date. This date may be useful if the consumer of this library wants to process feed entries differently if they haven't actually been updated.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for georss_client-0.15-py3-none-any.whl