Getpaid google checkout payment functionality
This package contains google checkout payment functionality for the getpaid framework.
See src/getpaid/googlecheckout/README.txt for more details.
- Remove code not needed now with gchecky 0.2.1. And update tests to suit.
- Override the cart portlet to use Google Checkout.
- Eggified package
- Added buildout files and general text documents to project root.
- removed setup.cfg
Google Checkout integration with GetPaid.
Working integration with Google Checkout using both the Checkout API and the Notification API:
- The GetPaid checkout wizard is completely replaced with Google Checkout.
- Includes integration with the Google Checkout Notification API. So far this is just used to improve the user experience during the checkout process. A shopper can still edit the cart after commencing the google checkout process - an “edit cart” link is available from the checkout. And the cart is cleared after completing the checkout.
- The GetPaid order manager is not integrated with Google Checkout. Google Checkout includes its own order management functionality. Although Google Checkout does have a rich enough API that these two could be integrated with each other. And there is already working integration with the Google Checkout Notification API.
- Makes use of zcml overrides to integrate with GetPaid. This is a sign that GetPaid is not yet sufficiently plugable to support this kind of processor.
- Includes integration with Google Analytics.
- Works with gchecky 0.2.1.
- Update locales.
Google provides a sandbox service that can be used to create a working demonstration.
Use getpaid.buildout to create your own demo of this integration. Uncomment the various googlecheckout variable substitutions throughout buildout.cfg:
Note - during development, if you’re developing locally, make sure to access your site via 127.0.0.1:8080/my-plone-instance instead of localhost:8080/my-plone-instance as the latter is considered an invalid URL by gchecky.
Google Merchant Account
Create a merchant account in the Google Checkout Sandbox service. See step 1 of Getting Started with Google Checkout.
Configure the notification handshake for this merchant account. Set the API callback URL and enable checking serial numbers for notification acknowledgments:
Log in to your merchant account.
Click on the Settings tab.
Click the Integration link on the left side of the page.
Make sure “My company will only post digitally signed carts.” is checked.
Enter a URL for the notification callback for your site into API callback URL. This will look something like:
And select “XML” for the “Callback method”.
(This URL can be HTTP for merchant accounts created in the sandbox service. However needs to be HTTPS with suitable certificate for production.)
Expand the list of advanced settings and check the box next to the setting that says, “Require notification acknowledgments to specify the serial number of the notification.”
Click the Save button to update your settings.
Configure the Google Checkout processor in GetPaid with the Merchant ID and Merchant Key for the sandbox. You’ll find these in “Settings” -> “Integration” of the Google Checkout Manager.
Google Buyer Account
To put through some test purchases you will need a sandbox buyer account. Google Checkout will not permit you to complete a purchase from your Google Checkout merchant account while logged in with the email address associated with your merchant account. In other words, you cannot buy from yourself, even in sandbox.
To create a new sandbox buyer account, visit http://sandbox.google.com/checkout
You will need to replace UA-XXXXXXX-X with your own Google Analytics account number.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size getpaid.googlecheckout-0.3.tar.gz (18.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for getpaid.googlecheckout-0.3.tar.gz