GMP/MPIR, MPFR, and MPC interface to Python 2.6+ and 3.x
gmpy2 is a C-coded Python extension module that supports multiple-precision arithmetic. In addition to supporting GMP or MPIR for multiple-precision integer and rational arithmetic, gmpy2 adds support for the MPFR (correctly rounded real floating-point arithmetic) and MPC (correctly rounded complex floating-point arithmetic) libraries.
Release 2.0.8 has the following fixes:
- Fix reference counting bug in left shift and right shift.
- Fix crash when converting string to mpfr and subnormalization is active.
- Fix int(mpfr) for negative values.
- Fix data corruption bug when using pack() on a list that contains instances of the mpz type.
Release 2.0.7 has the following fixes:
- math.floor(gmpy2.mpfr(‘inf’)) no longer segfaults.
- The “wheel” format is used for the Windows binaries.
Release 2.0.6 has the following fixes:
- setup.py no longer changes the meaning of –prefix.
- Using the ‘X’ format code now works properly (convert to hex using upper-case letters).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.