Install GOG.com games from .sh archives
gog-install is a command line tool for installing your GNU/Linux-compatible DRM-free games purchased on the GOG.com online store. It allows one to install the games without running the self-extractable .sh archive and the graphical installer.
This tool was created for the following reasons:
- I dislike graphical interfaces;
- I use a game controller-only box without mouse and keyboard (so it would be boring to use a graphical installed, even with remote display);
- I avoid to run proprietary code on my computer (no choice for games, so I use Firejail but I prefer a cleaner solution if possible).
This client is not supported in any way by GOG.com !
You can always install the latest version from PyPi using:
$ pip install gog-client
Using an archive, this software can be installed using
$ python setup.py install
$ gog-install /path/to/archive_from_gog.sh
The game will be extracted to /opt/GOG Games (use --install-dir to select the target directory).
The game can be launched with:
$ /opt/GOG Games/Fancy Name of the Game/start.sh
There is nothing pointing to this directory (.desktop files, symbolic links or scripts /usr/local/bin, etc), so you can freely rename or move the directory containing the game.
- Python3 (at least 3.4)
- Version 0.1.2: http://chadok.info/gog-install/gog-install-0.1.2.tar.gz
- Darcs repository: http://hub.darcs.net/oschwand/gog-install/
Bugs and comments
Please submit bug reports on the issues tracker.
Humble is free software, released under the term of the GPLv3+.
Copyright 2016 Olivier Schwander <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.