Automatic GUI generation for easy dataset editing and display
guidata: Automatic GUI generation for easy dataset editing and display with Python
guidata package is a Python library generating Qt graphical user interfaces.
It is part of the PlotPyStack project, aiming at
providing a unified framework for creating scientific GUIs with Python and Qt.
Simple example of
guidata datasets embedded in an application window:
Copyrights and licensing:
- Copyright © 2023 CEA, Codra, Pierre Raybaut.
- Licensed under the terms of the BSD 3-Clause (see LICENSE).
Based on the Qt library,
guidata is a Python library generating graphical user
interfaces for easy dataset editing and display. It also provides helpers and
application development tools for Qt (PyQt5, PySide2, PyQt6, PySide6).
Generate GUIs to edit and display all kind of objects regrouped in datasets:
- Integers, floats, strings
- Lists (single/multiple choices)
ndarrays(NumPy's N-dimensional arrays)
Save and load datasets to/from HDF5, JSON or INI files.
Application development tools:
- Data model (internal data structure, serialization, etc.)
- Configuration management
- Internationalization (
- Deployment tools
- HDF5, JSON and INI I/O helpers
- Qt helpers
- Ready-to-use Qt widgets: Python console, source code editor, array editor, etc.
Dependencies and installation
See Installation section in the documentation for more details.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.