Zope 2 ZEO Client Watch
A suite of views for monitoring a set of ZEO clients.
- aggregated view of error_logs
- aggregated view of instances, #threads, load and VM data size
- add haufe.monitoring to the eggs and zcml options of your buildout.cfg
- visit the @@monitor view (http://your-site:port/@@monitor)
access to some views is allowed only to a configurable set up ip addresses or networks. By default only access from 10.0.0.0/8 is allowed. To configure the whiteliste, you have to set:
$ export HAUFE_MONITORING_ALLOWED_NETWORKS=192.168.10.0/24,188.8.131.52/16
haufe.monitoring currently provides the following view:
- the main view /@@monitor shows a list of all available or unavailable ZEO clients with their IP addess, timestamp of their registration, number of worker threads, the CPU load and the vmdata size. The button Error log will display an aggregated view of the /error_log instances of all selected hosts. The Remove hosts button will remove the selected host(s) from the persistent hosts registries.
- the aggregated error_log view /@@show_error_log will show the /error_log entries of all (selected) hosts sorted by time stamp. The Details button displays the related traceback without having to visit the remote machine.
- There might be open security issues with this module. Please use it for testing or on internal servers only. Use it at your own risk.
- tighten security
- deal with ZEO client zombies
- add restart/shutdown code
- support haufe.ztop
- the Details buttons does seem to work with Firefox 3.5 (related to an incompatiblity with jQueryTools 1.1.x?)
- too much logging blather
- update jQueryTools to V 1.1.1
- moved to IP whitelisting
- Initial release