Notify users when Ploneboard threads or comments are modified
- Upgrading from previous versions
- Configuration of Mail Templates
hl.plone.boardnotifications provides email notifications for Ploneboard for several purposes. It allows you to:
- let users subscribe/unsubscribe to forum threads;
- notify conversation/comment owners when their content has been edited, deleted, or moved to a different forum by a moderator;
- configure a specific mail text for each purpose. Leave the mail text empty for notification types you don’t want to use;
- personalize mails using memberdata properties;
- use conversation/comment URL and title in the notifications.
- Add the package to your buildout.
- Run buildout.
- Restart Zope.
- Install hl.plone.boardnotifications using the Plone Control Panel.
- Visit “Board Notifications” in the site control panel (go to @@boardnotifier-settings) and configure the mail templates (see Configuration of Mail Templates below).
In version 1.1, storing subscriptions has changed. To migrate existing subscriptions:
- Backup your database
- go to Plone Control Panel -> Add-ons
- scroll down to Activated add-ons, search for Board Email Notifications and click Upgrade
If anything goes wrong feel free to submit a bug report
If you choose to configure subject and signature, those will be used in all templates. If you want to use subjects and signature on a per-template basis, leave these fields blank. You can then add the signature to each template as appropriate. For a per-template subject, enter:
Subject:your subject here
on the first line of the mail template, followed by a blank line.
You can use a number of variables to produce meaningful mail texts using standard Python string interpolation specifiers with the variable name as mapping key (i.e. %(variable_name)s). The following variables are available in the email templates:
- all member properties as defined in portal_memberdata;
- conversation title: use %(threadtitle)s to reference the conversation’s title;
- conversation URL: use %(threadurl)s to reference the conversation’s URL;
- forum title: use %(boardtitle)s to reference the forum’s title;
- comment URL: use %(commenturl)s to reference the comment’s URL.
- comment text: use %(commenttext)s to reference the comment’s text.
The salutation field can be used to define gender specific salutations. If you don’t need this feature, just leave it blank. When you save your settings, your empty string will be replaced by : - simply ignore this. You can still put a generic salutation in each mail template and use %(fullname)s to address the recipient.
If you want personalized salutations, hl.plone.boardnotifications defines a new member property named ‘salutation’. It is your responsibility to fill it per member by e.g. customizing @@personal-settings. Then you have to map the possible contents of the salutation member property to the desired salutation, e.g.:
Mr:Dear Mr. %(fullname)s, Mrs:Dear Mrs. %(fullname)s, :Dear Mrs./Mr. %(fullname)s,
A comment has been added to a conversation, notify conversation subscribers:
Subject:New comment in thread "%(threadtitle)s" %(salutation)s There is a new post in thread "%(threadtitle)s", in the forum "%(boardtitle)s". You are suscribed to this thread. Here is the comment text: %(commenttext)s Go to the latests post: %(commenturl)s %(mailsignature)s If you don't want to be notified: %(threadurl)s/unsubscribe This e-mail has been sent automatically.
A conversation has been moved to another forum:
Subject:Conversation "%(threadtitle)s" has been moved %(salutation)s The conversation "%(threadtitle)s" has been moved to "%(boardtitle)s". Go to the moved conversation: %(threadurl)s %(mailsignature)s
- do not try to send notification e-mail if destination address is not available (rafaelbco)
- use an OOBTree for storing subscriptions
- fix event handler (move subscriptions)
- when a thread is moved to another forum, move the subscriptions as well
- notify subscribers when a thread is moved
- Make sure commenttext is unicode (jean)
- Make it not fail when deleting the PloneSite (rafaelbco)
- meaningful viewlet names
- add mail-in functionality (jean)
- forum subscription (jean)
- add ‘commenttext’ as a notification mail option (jean)
- added basque and spanish translations (erral)
- added documentation
- do not try to send emails to users that have been deleted
- do not send email when a template contains only whitespace
- working MANIFEST.in
- initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|hl.plone.boardnotifications-1.1.tar.gz (42.7 kB) View hashes||Source||None|
Hashes for hl.plone.boardnotifications-1.1.tar.gz