A halo mass function calculator
The halo mass function calculator
hmf is a python application that provides a flexible and simple way to calculate the Halo Mass Function for any input cosmology, redshift, dark matter model, virial overdensity or several other variables. Addition of further variables should be simple.
It is also the backend to HMFcalc, the online HMF calculator at <hmf.icrar.org>.
There will be documentation soon.
Please cite Murray, Power and Robotham (2013) if you find this code useful in your research
Copyright (c) 2014, Steven Murray.
See LICENSE.txt for details.
- 1.3.1 - January 06, 2014
- Fixed bug in transfer read-in introduced in 1.3.0
- 1.3.0 - January 03, 2014
- A few more documentation updates (especially tools.py) Removed new_k_bounds function from tools.py Added w parameter to cosmolopy dictionary in cosmo.py Changed cosmography significantly to use cosmolopy in general Fixed a pretty bad bug where updating h/H0 would crash the program if only one of omegab/omegac was updated alongside it Generally tidied up some of the update mechanisms. API CHANGE: cosmography.py no longer exists – I’ve chosen to utilise cosmolopy more heavily here. Added Travis CI usage Fixed a compatibility issue with older versions of numpy in cumulative functions
- 1.2.2 - December 10, 2013
- Bug in “EH” transfer function call
- 1.2.1 - December 6, 2013
- Small bugfixes to update() method
- 1.2.0 - December 5, 2013
- Major documentation overhaul – most docstrings are now in Sphinx/numpydoc format Addition of cosmo module, which deals with the cosmological parameters in a cleaner way Some tidying up of several functions.
- 1.1.10- October 29, 2013
- Fixed bug in mltm property Better updating – checks if update value is actually different. Now performs a check to see if mass range is inside fit range.
- 1.1.9 - October 4, 2013
- Fixed some issues with n(<m) and M(<m) causing them to give NaN’s
- 1.1.85- October 2, 2013
- The normalization of the power spectrum now saved as an attribute (mostly for use with the hod package… coming soon ;)
- 1.1.8 - September 19, 2013
- Fixed small bug in SMT function which made it crash
- 1.1.7 - September 19, 2013
- Updated “ST” fit to “SMT” fit to avoid confusion. “ST” is still available for now. Now uses trapezoid rule for integration as it is faster.
- 1.1.6 - September 05, 2013
- Modified comments to reflect parameters Couple of bugfixes for fitting_functions.py Included an option to use delta_halo as compared to critical rather than mean density (thanks to A. Vikhlinin and anonymous referree) Fixed mass range of Tinker (thanks to J. Tinker and anonymous referee for this)
- 1.1.5 - September 03, 2013
- Fixed bug in mgtm (thanks to J. Mirocha) Fixed an embarrassing error in Reed07 fitting function Fixed a bug in which dndlnm and its dependents (ngtm, etc..) were calculated wrong if dndlog10m was called first. Added a whole suite of tests against genmf that actually work Fixed error in which for some choices of M, the whole extension in ngtm would be NAN and give error
- 1.1.4 - August 27, 2013
- Added ability to change resolution in CAMB from hmf interface (This requires a re-install of pycamb to the newest version on the fork)
- 1.1.3 - August 7, 2013
- Added Behroozi Fit (thanks to P. Behroozi)
- 1.1.2 - July 02, 2013
- Ability to calculate fitting functions to whatever mass you want (BEWARE!!) Small bugfix
- 1.1.1 - July 02, 2013
- Corrections to Watson fitting function from latest update on arXiv (thanks to W. Watson) ** Fixed units for k and transfer function ** (Thanks to A. Knebe) Improved docstring for Perturbations class Added Eisenstein-Hu fit to the transfer function
- 1.1.0 - June 27, 2013
- Massive overhaul of structure Now dependencies are tracked throughout the program, making updates even faster
- 1.0.10- June 24, 2013
- Added dependence on Delta_vir to Tinker
- 1.0.9 - June 19, 2013
- Fixed an error with an extra ln(10) in the mass function (quoted as dn/dlnM but actually outputting dn/dlog10M)
- 1.0.8 - June 19, 2013
- Took out log10 from cumulative mass functions Better cumulative mass function logic
- 1.0.6 - June 19, 2013
- Fixed cumulative mass functions (extra factor of M was in there)
- 1.0.4 - June 6, 2013
- Added Bhattacharya fitting function Fixed concatenation of list and dict issue
- 1.0.2 - May 21, 2013
- Fixed some warnings for non-updated variables passed to update()
- 1.0.1 - May 20, 2013
- Added better warnings for non-updated variables passed to update() Made default cosmology WMAP7
- 0.9.99- May 10, 2013
- Added warning for k*R limits Couple of minor bugfixes Important Angulo fitting function corrected (arXiv version had a typo).
- 0.9.97- April 15, 2013
- Urgent Bugfix for updating cosmology (for transfer functions)
- 0.9.96- April 11, 2013
- Few bugfixes
- 0.9.95- April 09, 2013
- Added cascading variable changes for optimization Added this README Added update() function to simply change parameters using cascading approach
- 0.9.9 - April 08, 2013
- First version in its own package Added pycamb integration Removed fitting function from being a class variable Removed overdensity form being a class variable
- 0.9.7 - March 18, 2013
- Modified set_z() so it only does calculations necessary when z changes Made calculation of dlnsdlnM in init since it is same for all z Removed mean density redshift dependence
- 0.9.5 - March 10, 2013
- The class has been in the works for almost a year now, but it currently will calculate a mass function based on any of several fitting functions.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|hmf-1.4.0-py2.7.egg (66.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Jan 10, 2014|
|hmf-1.4.0.tar.gz (28.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jan 10, 2014|