A minimal low-level HTTP client.
Do one thing, and do it well.
The HTTP Core package provides a minimal low-level HTTP client, which does one thing only. Sending HTTP requests.
It does not provide any high level model abstractions over the API, does not handle redirects, multipart uploads, building authentication headers, transparent HTTP caching, URL parsing, session cookie handling, content or charset decoding, handling JSON, environment based configuration defaults, or any of that Jazz.
Some things HTTP Core does do:
- Sending HTTP requests.
- Provides both sync and async interfaces.
- Supports HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.
- Async backend support for
- Automatic connection pooling.
- HTTP(S) proxy support.
For HTTP/1.1 only support, install with...
$ pip install httpcore
For HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 support, install with...
$ pip install httpcore[http2]
Here's an example of making an HTTP GET request using
async with httpcore.AsyncConnectionPool() as http: http_version, status_code, reason_phrase, headers, stream = await http.request( method=b'GET', url=(b'https', b'example.org', 443, b'/'), headers=[(b'host', b'example.org'), (b'user-agent', 'httpcore')] ) try: body = b''.join([chunk async for chunk in stream]) finally: await stream.aclose() print(status_code, body)
You probably don't want to be using HTTP Core directly. It might make sense if
you're writing something like a proxy service in Python, and you just want
something at the lowest possible level, but more typically you'll want to use
a higher level client library, such as
The motivation for
- To provide a reusable low-level client library, that other packages can then build on top of.
- To provide a really clear interface split between the networking code and client logic, so that each is easier to understand and reason about in isolation.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog.
0.10.1 (August 7th, 2020)
0.10.0 (August 7th, 2020)
The most notable change in the 0.10.0 release is that HTTP/2 support is now fully optional.
pip install httpcore for HTTP/1.1 support only, or
pip install httpcore[http2] for HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 support.
- HTTP/2 support becomes optional. (Pull #121, #130)
local_address=...support. (Pull #100, #134)
SyncByteStreamclasses are now pure interface classes. (#133)
RemoteProtocolErrorexceptions. (Pull #129)
UnsupportedProtocolexception. (Pull #128)
.get_connection_info()method. (Pull #102, #137)
- Add better TRACE logs. (Pull #101)
max_keepaliveis deprecated in favour of
max_keepalive_connections. (Pull #140)
- Improve handling of server disconnects. (Pull #112)
0.9.1 (May 27th, 2020)
- Proper host resolution for sync case, including IPv6 support. (Pull #97)
- Close outstanding connections when connection pool is closed. (Pull #98)
0.9.0 (May 21th, 2020)
- URL port becomes an
int. (Pull #92)
- Honor HTTP/2 max concurrent streams settings. (Pull #89, #90)
- Remove incorrect debug log. (Pull #83)
0.8.4 (May 11th, 2020)
- Logging via HTTPCORE_LOG_LEVEL and HTTPX_LOG_LEVEL environment variables and TRACE level logging. (Pull #79)
- Reuse of connections on HTTP/2 in close concurrency situations. (Pull #81)
0.8.3 (May 6rd, 2020)
Acceptheaders on proxy "CONNECT" requests.
- De-duplicate any headers also contained in proxy_headers.
- HTTP/2 flag not being passed down to proxy connections.
0.8.2 (May 3rd, 2020)
- Fix connections using proxy forwarding requests not being added to the connection pool properly. (Pull #70)
0.8.1 (April 30th, 2020)
- Allow inherintance of both
httpcore.SyncByteStreamwithout type conflicts.
0.8.0 (April 30th, 2020)
- Fixed tunnel proxy support.
0.7.0 (March 5th, 2020)
- First integration with HTTPX.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size httpcore-0.10.1-py3-none-any.whl (47.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size httpcore-0.10.1.tar.gz (35.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for httpcore-0.10.1-py3-none-any.whl