a lightweight alternative.
- written in python
- only dependency is the Python Redis client
- multi-process, multi-thread or greenlet task execution models
- schedule tasks to execute at a given time, or after a given delay
- schedule recurring tasks, like a crontab
- retry tasks that fail automatically
- task result storage
from huey import RedisHuey, crontab
huey = RedisHuey('my-app', host='redis.myapp.com')
def add_numbers(a, b):
return a + b
To run the consumer with 4 worker processes:
$ huey_consumer.py my_app.huey -k process -w 4
See source code and issue tracker on Github.
Huey is named in honor of my cat:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.