A tool to convert python wheels to eggs
For when you need an .egg but all you have is a .whl.
Humpty is a command-line utility to convert Python binary wheel packages to eggs.
Currently, the tool is in a “works for me” state. (It is not guaranteed to work for you.)
The humpty “man page”:
$ humpty --help Usage: humpty [OPTIONS] WHEELS... Convert wheels to eggs. Options: -d, --dist-dir DIR Build eggs into <dir>. Default is <cwd>/dist. --help Show this message and exit.
Suppose you need an egg of a distribution which has only been uploaded to PyPI as a wheel:
$ pip install --download . publicsuffixlist [...] Saved ./publicsuffixlist-0.2.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl Successfully downloaded publicsuffixlist $ humpty -dist-dir . publicsuffixlist-0.2.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl Converting publicsuffixlist-0.2.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl to publicsuffixlist-0.2.8-py2.6.egg $ easy_install publicsuffixlist-0.2.8-py2.7.egg
- PEP 427 - The Wheel Binary Package Format 1.0
- PEP 491 - The Wheel Binary Package Format 1.9
- PEP 241 - Metadata for Python Software Packages
- PEP 314 - Metadata for Python Software Packages v1.1
- PEP 345 - Metadata for Python Software Packages 1.2
- PEP 426 - Metadata for Python Software Packages 2.0
- PEP 459 - Standard Metadata Extensions for Python Software Packages
- Setuptools: The Internal Structure of Python Eggs
No changes yet.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|humpty-0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (10.8 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.4||Wheel||Jul 16, 2015|
|humpty-0.1.tar.gz (18.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jul 16, 2015|